Jeans are tighter?!!

Options
I have been doing Zumba at the Y for about a month now, 2-3 times a week and I have my cals set to 1400/day (before exercise) and usually eat back exercise cals.

I have only lost 1lb and my jeans are actually fitting tighter.

Is this normal?

I know the scale doesn't always move, but I though my jeans would be getting looser, not tighter LOL

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Where are they tighter? Your thighs? If that's the case it's probably water retention.
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    is it TOM soon for you?? could make you bloat, my geuss is water retention or bloating..

how is your salt intake?? Are you tracking everything, like oil used for cooking etc??
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Did you leave them in the dryer too long?
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Maybe they just shrunk in the wash lol

Or maybe youre bloated
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I also think my thighs have gotten bigger recently... but I've started incorporating a lot of running and strength training. You're prbly just getting legs of STEEL! Hoo-rah! :wink:
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're counting your calories diligently, every bite, make sure 1/2 cup isn't 1 cup. If you're sure of your volumes, then maybe you could try cutting your calories.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Did you leave them in the dryer too long?

Story of my life. I freak out over my jeans being too tight and figure out after they stretch out again that it was the damn dryer
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you do strength training too?
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    Where are they tighter? Your thighs? If that's the case it's probably water retention.
    [/quote

actually yes! and that makes perfect sense, didn't even cross my mind! thank you :D]
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    Do you do strength training too?

mostly just zumba, did a kickboxing class yesterday. waiting to have a trainer at the Y show me how to use the equipment and what would be good for me to do.
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    Make sure you're counting your calories diligently, every bite, make sure 1/2 cup isn't 1 cup. If you're sure of your volumes, then maybe you could try cutting your calories.

i log everything, but don't always measure like i should.