Sob story. Your opinion?

twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
I have 2 boys one 26 the other 24....they both work in close personal protection...most of the time I never know where they are..they phone me when they can and I worry about them like crazy when I can not speak to them or if they don`t phone me when they say they are going to.

My dad is going on 80. He is in the middle

My brother has 2 boys one 27 the other 23...both boys live at home, neither work, the eldest has been smoking weed with the consent of parents since he was 14. My brothers wife has a very good job, my brother used to work in a good job.

My brother won £250,000 on a lottery scratch card a few years back.

Here is the sob story....my Dad took my bro out for lunch today and my bro said he feels sorry for me because I don`t know where my kids are and he would want to know where his kids are. They live at home and he knows where they are? My Dad tends to err on the side of my brother???

Am I wrong in thinking that it is better for 2 kids of the ages they are to be working, even if I can not always keep tabs on them???

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    I can not believe nobody has a view point!!!
  • Being 24, I feel like you are completely correct. They are adults and you don't have to keep constant tabs on them. They are living their own lives and their own jobs doing well. If anything you should be incredibly PROUD that they are doing so well, not having to be spoon fed everything to succeed. It's totally out of line for him to say anything like that
  • Also, let me add, that I have not lived with my parents since I was 20. My mother nor father know where I am most times, and they are perfectly fine. I like to think I turned out well enough without constant calls and communication, knowing where I am 24/7. I'm sure your sons appreciate the privacy and time to themselves
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Opinions are like *kitten*, everyone has them and often they stink. I realize it is family, but don't base how you feel on the opinions of others. Be proud of your kids for their accomplishments and let others be proud of theirs for their own reasons.
  • ...wait, so you located your son since your last post?
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    What is close personal protection? Is it code for body guard?

Anyway, your brother sounds jealous.

To say you'd be happier having unemployed, drug using ADULT kids living at home rather than working kids is a lie. I call BS.

It reminds me of Schapele Corby's mother who, when confronted about the fact that almost all her 5 kids were in jail, said 'Well at least I know where my kids are"

LOL pathetic.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    ...wait, so you located your son since your last post?

^^This.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    ...wait, so you located your son since your last post?

Great question - I only remember the start of the last post and want to know if he was "found" also.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    can someone link to the 'last post' you all keep refering to?
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    that's a Sob story? hahaha, first world problems.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    How is this a sob story? Are you sure you know what the term means?

Also, what does your brother winning the lottery have to do with anyone knowing where his or your kids are?

This post is not very well thought-out...
  • can someone link to the 'last post' you all keep refering to?

Here you go.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/766821-advice-needed-from-a-very-worried-mom-please-help
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    too many liquid carbs, fermented variety
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    How is this a sob story? Are you sure you know what the term means?

^agreed. Not really a sob story.

To give my opinion on the subject though, I think it's flat out stupid for both of your nephews to be living at home, jobless at that age. They're adults. And smoking weed? Wow, that's classy. I'm sure they've got a bright future ahead of them. /sarcasm.

I wouldn't even think on it if I were you. Your kids are adults and living their lives as they should be. I'd be proud that I had raised two young men who can support themselves and not sponge off their parents. It sounds like your brother was trying to find any reason he could to paint the picture that having his man-children at home was anything other than pathetic on their part.
  • How is this a sob story? Are you sure you know what the term means?

^agreed. Not really a sob story.

To give my opinion on the subject though, I think it's flat out stupid for both of your nephews to be living at home, jobless at that age. They're adults. And smoking weed? Wow, that's classy. I'm sure they've got a bright future ahead of them. /sarcasm.

I wouldn't even think on it if I were you. Your kids are adults and living their lives as they should be. I'd be proud that I had raised two young men who can support themselves and not sponge off their parents. It sounds like your brother was trying to find any reason he could to paint the picture that having his man-children at home was anything other than pathetic on their part.

Hey hey hey....there's nothing wrong with getting some extra "greens" in your diet. :bigsmile:
  • Is this post real? If so, it is one of the weirdest ones I have ever read....