Polish sausage

Options
Does anyone know how many calories a link of polish sausage is and of a good web site that will tell me information like this a calorie counter for food thanks

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/ i found one everybody check this out and bookmark it .........one link has 740 calories ouch:cry:
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Talking about Polish sausage on MFP is about as taboo as talking about the ads of half naked women. :noway:
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You should try Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa Lite. I actually prefer it over the regular since it tastes a lot less salty.

Serving Size 2 oz (56g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 70
    Calories 110

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
    Cholesterol 35mg 12%
    Sodium 550mg 23%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 9g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% Iron 4%
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%

Or give it up entirely because of that. Sometimes, it's just not worth it.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on where you get it from. Most mass produced companies have the info on their website.

If you really want to eat it, and you enjoy cooking, you can get a fairly cheap meat grinder and make your own. That way you can control the salt and fat in it. And less preservatives (boo sulfites!) than the grocery store brands.

I wouldn't discount it just because it has saturated fat in it. You do need sat. fats to live. I just wouldn't eat a huge amount of sausage, polish or otherwise. :)