this is a serious question.....

Options
MFP tells me to eat 1200 cals, so If I work out and burn say 1000 cals ...should I eat those back or is that defeating the purpose???

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    MFP already creates a deficit for you without any exercise. If you add exercise, you further increase that deficit to a possibly dangerous amount. If you are following the system MFP has in place, you should be eating back those exercise calories and you will still lose weight.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    I think everyone is divided on this, but personally I reckon I'd eat them back. It's all very well if your goal is 1400 and you burn 200 and don't eat them back, but that's quite a deficit! :)
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you are working out enough you shouldn't have to, nor should you, eat that low to obtain your goals. If you hardly work out then you might need to be strict on those numbers.

Eat as much back as you can. From my experience in watching people on here, the ones who eat back a lot of exercise calories but have a goal I consider to be really low do a lot better than people who underestimate the crap exercise and overestimate the crap out of food.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    wait, weren't you just posting that everyone is mean and now you want advice?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsK7KmVeI0jfrLQ_vk6wEh2HxLL0KbLHNocwi0M8M7JDHanGLxRQ
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    She be trollin.
  • pastryari
    Options
    I've been trolled. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS! :angry:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLVKRvApKkUoEaiXFxjHretvWO5ksI5KI-hzxNMPulchpoE1_b
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    hlWgn.gif
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    MFP already creates a deficit for you without any exercise. If you add exercise, you further increase that deficit to a possibly dangerous amount. If you are following the system MFP has in place, you should be eating back those exercise calories and you will still lose weight.

agreed, this what I do, and it's working, beautifully.:blushing:
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Troll-a-riffic!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No it's not
  • pastryari
    Options
    hlWgn.gif

1FMrH.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    WQH4U.jpg
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I really need to learn to post the GIF's
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    Options
    1347453151103725_animate.gif
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    There are a lot of trolls on here. I call them the "troll patrol", most of these profiles have cartoon characters as there profile pic, and never engage in any opinion related comments. They don't like to debate a topic, or simply leave an opinion, they have a sole attempt of being funny, and 90% of the time it's a fail. I love to laugh, I like to be funny as well, it's just easy to spot the ones that never have anything useful or insightful to say, whether or not you agree with them. I've labeled this group the "troll patrol", I've only ever seen them in topic's where someone is asking for advice, and they leave a dumb a** comment, and or picture comment.

The irony of this (the troll patrol making fun of the OP's, in general) is that they wouldn't have any topic's to picture comment if it wasn't for someone in need, or asking for help, or an opinion.

troll on,:drinker: troll patrol.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me to eat 1200 cals, so If I work out and burn say 1000 cals ...should I eat those back or is that defeating the purpose???

You need to stop eating, PERIOD. Models live off tic-tacs, remember?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb0w7b3Knu1r8d2mio1_500.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of trolls on here. I call them the "troll patrol", most of these profiles have cartoon characters as there profile pic, and never engage in any opinion related comments. They don't like to debate a topic, or simply leave an opinion, they have a sole attempt of being funny, and 90% of the time it's a fail. I love to laugh, I like to be funny as well, it's just easy to spot the ones that never have anything useful or insightful to say, whether or not you agree with them. I've labeled this group the "troll patrol", I've only ever seen them in topic's where someone is asking for advice, and they leave a dumb a** comment, and or picture comment.

The irony of this (the troll patrol making fun of the OP's, in general) is that they wouldn't have any topic's to picture comment if it wasn't for someone in need, or asking for help, or an opinion.

troll on,:drinker: troll patrol.

Lol, wait. Do you really not realize the OP's a troll? We never come out full force like this ;) It's more like OP invited us to a party, really.