marinated artichoke hearts

Options
thats it. marinated artichoke hearts. i just discovered them and they are BLOODY yummy. they are 27 calories for half a heart...54 calories for a whole. soooo friekin good. just had to get that off mah chest. feelsgoodman.

Replies

• fishax
    fishax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    if they are stored in oil I first drain them then pat them with kitchen paper to get rid of as mich oil as possible. What are yours in?
  • stallgie
    Options
    thank you! i should do this....they are in oil. sooo goood!
  • vincent1959
    Options
    They are geat! I could not believe how low the calorie count was either.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm I used to love to toast rye bread put a slice of provolone on the bread and dice up the artichoke heart and put it on that...pop it in the microwave just till cheese melts and walahhhhh delish!
  • stallgie
    Options
    ha! that sounds soooo gooods!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    They're good :) I like them with beets & kalamata olives in a salad.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    How's the sodium count on that?
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Yummmmm I used to love to toast rye bread put a slice of provolone on the bread and dice up the artichoke heart and put it on that...pop it in the microwave just till cheese melts and walahhhhh delish!

Yum! I had bought a small of jar because they just 'looked good' wasn't sure what to do with them (other then high fat dip!). Thanks for the idea! I will try this!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I love them too!!! Great snack!!!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Oh heck yea, those are delicious! I got 2 jars in my cupboard that have been catching my eye.
    It's a good idea to let them sit on a paper towel to soak up the oil ooorrrr chop them and add to a salad, all the oil could double a salad dressing.