Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred was recommended to me today by a friend and I went right out and bought it. Survived Level 1 but now I want to log it but I can't find it in the exercise log.

Has anyone else been able to find it?

Thanks!!

Replies

• AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi... I logged it under 'Circuit Training General', I was burning about 180cal for a 25 minute workout. Really awesome workout but my knees didn't like it :frown:

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    as AMS58 said you can log it as circuit training... i did that too when i started out. you'll burn between 180-200 cals per video.

if you have a heart rate monitor though, you can create your own exercise and actually call it "30 Day Shred Level #" or whatever. And your calorie burn will be more accurate. :)

great program though... i completed it last year and noticed some nice differences.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you ladies. I will try that. For some reason I thought I had seen a category for it but that will work : )

Thanks again!!!
  • dloucarter
    dloucarter Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've just finished it with great results, only lost 2kilos but lost an overall 28cm and am much more toned than ever.
    I logged it as Circuit Training general, wore a heart monitor and burnt approx 135cals for level 1, 165 for level 2 and 150 for level 3. Unless you have a heart rate monitor its really hard to determine cals burnt as its all dependant on your own size.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's probably because I'm so overweight and out of shape, but when I put circuit training, general in for Level 1 Day 1 it told me I burned 423 calories.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience/thought kandilynn. You burn more the bigger you are and I'm no where close to small or my goal weight but every little bit helps and I was told that this would help me keep losing. : )))))
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    My heart rate monitor says I burn between 185 and 205 calories when doing the 30-Day Shred. I weigh 154 and am 5-feet short. Day 18!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Like everyone said, we just input Circuit Training, General for 25 minutes. Glad to see someone else on the shred. I'm on Day 7: Level 1 tomorrow! :)
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Be careful with what MFP says in terms of calorie burn.
    According to MFP I'm burning 200 cals when doing level one but my HRT says 150.
    I think MFP overestimates exercise calories in general.
  • MissHaruko
    MissHaruko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, today I just finished level 2! :)
    Tomorrow I'm gonna start level 3... I'm afraid of it! :P

Anyway I'm very happy with the results,my entire body is smaller and I got this results in just 20 days... I'm so happy! ^_^
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I've been doing JM 30DS with my heart rate monitor on and burn approx 160 calories. I weigh 140 pounds if that helps?

x
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    166LBS 5ft 5 inches. 250-265 calories for 27 minutes. Don't start the HRM until I am at HR of 115 and stop it at 115 the very low of my monitor.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM that gave out, and I am also going to start 30 DS this week, i think the safe bet is around 100-150 calories.

Good luck!!