Looking for some motivating friends

Options
I've been hitting the gym 5x/week for a couple months now. 20lbs lost and I can feel the difference! But... the holidays are coming and I can feel my motivation slipping. I could really use some friends on here to help keep me moving in the right direction!

Replies

• karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi,
    just joined 2 weeks ago, finding it great so far, motivation you get is great, more friends the better!
    add me if you like
    Karen
  • dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you plan to eat bad make it a point to go hit the gym and earn your calories. I personally wanted wine tonight so I made sure I burnt what I will be drinking ;)
  • 78nSunny
    78nSunny Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Been a member for about 2 months and looking for friends to motivate me and if I can help them even better!! Request sent,
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I joined in September this year, feel free to add me. I take it from your user name you are from Minnesota as well?
  • ndurrell13
    Options
    I am new as well. Send request.
  • kayla1125
    Options
    Go ahead and add me if you like.
  • cheysmomma
    Options
    Hello all. New (again) here. I weigh 150ish (I have one of those cheap scales that I can't tell where the dial is hitting accurately). I am 10 months PP and looking to get back into my skinny jeans which is a goal of 120 pounds. (5'4 had always been slim). I want to be in shape by next summer. I have 30 Day Shred and I'm ACTUALLY going to do it this time instead of doing it for 3 days and giving up. I also plan to jump rope 2X a day for 30 minutes so the calculator had me burning 1400 calories with a daily intake of 1200.

QUESTION: Is this okay? Should I burn more calories than I take in or should it be even? I think the more calories I burn the faster I will get to my goal.

PS. Trying to cut crap out like Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches...
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am as well feeling the holiday struggles. The lunches and invites are already starting. I definately need motivation.:smile:
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I have yet to keep up a healthy routine over the winter months, but it's going to happen this year!!
  • Jbone80
    Jbone80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to the community, but not to MFP. Feel free to add me. I really need the support as well. I have been hitting the gym since January and I have fluctuated between 30 lbs since March. I am not looking forward the holiday's, but I like what one of the other posters said, if you know you want to have something you should make sure to work extra hard that day to earn it.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've already cancelled my thanksgiving dinner (going to meet family at the parade instead! Yeah walking all day!!!). Feel free to add me!!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Everyone could use a little more support around this time of the year! So many temptations around the holidays.

Congrats on the loss thus far! Feel free to add me.
  • chfgraegl
    Options
    Started this clean eating on monday , today is friday and I did it because I felt lousy . I think that eating properly can make a difference and i guess we will find out . My calorie intake was ususally around 3000 a day and now I have been around 1600 so far so good and I have lost about 7 pounds . If I do it to feel better than I am not looking at the scale and I do feel better all ready so there you go !! :--)
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me

i sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day lol so definitely on all the time
  • dellalyn
    Options
    I just sent a request. I too would love a friend or two to help motivate back and forth. I've been losing the same 10 lbs for a while and I'd like to lose 40! I want to be able to relax in the summer -not feel like I've got to hide.....
    Thanks
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello all. New (again) here. I weigh 150ish (I have one of those cheap scales that I can't tell where the dial is hitting accurately). I am 10 months PP and looking to get back into my skinny jeans which is a goal of 120 pounds. (5'4 had always been slim). I want to be in shape by next summer. I have 30 Day Shred and I'm ACTUALLY going to do it this time instead of doing it for 3 days and giving up. I also plan to jump rope 2X a day for 30 minutes so the calculator had me burning 1400 calories with a daily intake of 1200.

QUESTION: Is this okay? Should I burn more calories than I take in or should it be even? I think the more calories I burn the faster I will get to my goal.

PS. Trying to cut crap out like Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches...

Well, you should definitely burn more calories than you take in if you're wanting to lose weight. But I'm not sure from your post if the 1,400 calories burned according to the calculator is from additional exercise only or also includes your daily calorie burn from just being alive. You might want to go research TDEE and BMR here on the site to see how to determine just what you're already burning and what you should be burning/consuming to meet a certain target. There are some really, really knowledgeable folks here who have posted threads on this topic, so just use the MFP search feature for those acronyms or Google it. Good luck to you!