Salad topped with fried eggs!

2»

Replies

• hulkling
    hulkling Posts: 35 Member
    Quinoa salad with Spring onion and Asparagus with some grilled Salmon and topped with a poached egg. DIVINE.
  • lovedogslovecats
    lovedogslovecats Posts: 24 Member
    I think you stumbled on a classic, and it's delicious. Check out this link:
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/poached_egg_and_bacon_salad_-_salad_lyonnaise/
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Quinoa salad with Spring onion and Asparagus with some grilled Salmon and topped with a poached egg. DIVINE.

Oh yummy yummy yummy!
  • ynoelani
    ynoelani Posts: 2 Member
    looks great!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Fried egg over brown rice works well too... or whole wheat pasta... or couscous... millet... usually just do one with a half cup of grain for a quick meal and then a side salad... sounds like a great way to enjoy it over salad.
    Best fried eggs over easy in a good non-stick pan so you don't have to add oil or spray...
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    You must have been REALLY hungry lol.

Why do you say she must havebeen REALLY hungry? It seems like a nice healthy portioned plate of food to me.

Awesome idea to kill off dressing. Gnna try definately!

No i meant it in a way that when I'm really hungry I put odd food combinations together. Wasnt knocking the size at all..hell i could eat two of those :)

Oh good. I was like damn i must be a beast when i eatt then that would never fill me haha
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    I did this today, too! I've done it before, it is the same idea as a hard boiled egg. I often go the fried egg direction if I forget to hard boil eggs and I already made my plate of salad. I also added a mixture of sprouts and quorn (vegetarian meat) chicken. It was GOOD!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    I love salads with boiled or poached eggs. Never tried it with fried egg before, but as long as the yolk is runny, I`m sure it would be great.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    A fried egg topping mixed greens is a traditional French salad. And, yes, the yolk makes a great salad dressing, although they do still have a vinaigrette. But you wouldn't need much oil, just some vinegar for a little acidity.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Very healthy! I enjoy hot sauce on my salads and hard boiled egg whites. Not much of a fan of egg yolks but this is a fantastic idea! Putting a fried egg on a hamburger is also really good ! I make this for my beef loving father and hung over brother on Sunday afternoon when I visit my parents lol
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    been there

needs cheese and it would be great
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Yum!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Oh man I LOVE salad with cooked egg on top!! I had a winter greens, frizze and blue cheese salad with an egg on top once and I about went over the moon. Oh, and there were chopped and toasted pecans. SO GOOD.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    It looks awesome! I have scrambled egg whites on top of spinach leaves almost every morning. Maybe it's time to add some bacon?
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Bumping this up because I just tried this with 1 fried egg and was so good!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    That looks sooo good!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    I see chopped eggs in salad bars, so this is not so far-fetched. Take off the yolk to make it even healthier!

Taking off the yolk would make it less caloricly dense. The yolk has healthy fats in it.