WoooooooHoooooooo

Options
So for the last month and a half I've been fighting through some real frustrations in terms of my weight loss. Though the the scale has been ticking down slowly (about 1 pound a week) I've been frustrated feeling like I can't actually see a difference. About a week ago that changed, and I felt, as if by magic, my body had finally begun to change. I swallowed some pride and went to the store today. To my great pleasure I now fit into a size of 16 jeans!!!!!! I started this journey as a 20! It took 36 pounds to drop two sizes but it's worth it!!! Feeling newly motivated!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay me!

(awful picture quality) ....and by the way that is NOT a muffin top! I was wearing a dress that I'm holding bunched up.

1109121358.jpg

Replies

• trudyblender
    trudyblender Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look sexy!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Those jeans look great on you!! Wow, a size 16! Whew, that's a long ways away for ME - I'm still struggling to get out of the 20s.Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    YAY!! That's wonderful!! I was about the same. Lost over 40 pounds and moved to size 14...and...some of them are loose enough that I plan to get the "courage" to try size 12!!

Happy for you--doing my happy dance!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Great job!

Keep up the great work, we are often our own harshest critics.

It frustrates me when people say it takes 10 pounds to change a size. It took me about 40 pounds to go from an 18w to a 16. Now the 16s are loose and I am on my way to a 14. Don't think I can squeeze into them yet. LOL
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Keep up the great work, we are often our own harshest critics.

It frustrates me when people say it takes 10 pounds to change a size. It took me about 40 pounds to go from an 18w to a 16. Now the 16s are loose and I am on my way to a 14. Don't think I can squeeze into them yet. LOL

I KNOW!!!!!!!! maybe when you're thin 10 pounds changes a size but I've never seen a size disappear so easily
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing! Keep it up!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so beautiful. Congratulations on the weight loss and fitting into smaller jeans! That is always a plus! :flowerforyou:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is so true, I have lost 18 pounds and have barely lost from a 14-16 to some 12-14's.

Edited to say: Congratulations on the loss and the size 16!!!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the frustration I have loss almost 26 lbs and still wear the same size like its a little lose but not falling off like I hoped! Damn you size 18
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Isn't that awesome, I had to go buy new jeans last week and they were a size I haven't fit in about 20 years!

Good for you, good times enjoy!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!!!! You are doing great.....
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WTG congrats on the achievement, I myself am facing something like that. #'s on scale aren't moving but inches are
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!