exercise plan!

Options
hey guys! i am hoping to get some information on some good exercises that I can do at home since I don't have a gym membership right now and no equipment. I know some basic exercises like obvoiusly running/jogging, walking, jumping jacks, sit ups, etc...but I am trying to find some new ones. I am also wondering how many sets, for example 3 sets of 15 jumping jacks? So far I have mostly been just walking. I am so out of shape that cardio is really hard for me, but I want to get better! So I am trying to incorporate more cardio into my day. Also, exercises that work for toning areas would be awesome as well!

Replies

• sirthickness
    Options
    Check out "aworkoutroutine.com" and "scoobysworkshop.com". They both offer great advice and some great at-home workout plans. Good luck!
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Check out fit chicks blog.. The blog writer is AMAZING and she has a ton of great workouts! Tummy Tuck and Booty Builder are two of my favorites, and they are both doable at home with no equipment... :-)
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    i googled fit chick blog and it gave me fitchickinthecity.com is that correct? if not, do you have an actual link?
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, good for you. i think walking is one of the best, i don't have gym membership either, i do have a treadmill, which i only use when the weather is nasty. otherwise i walk outside. i also invested in a set of 5lb weights, an 8 lb weight ball, a yoga mat, a jump rope, ( which i haven't got very good at yet, so rarely use it, lol. i also bought a hoola hoop, again that rarely use, but plan on after i lose some moer weight. every sunday i write up a exercise plan for the week. i subscribed to a couple of magazines that have exercise in them w/ pics! They are Self & Fitness magazines. so i do 5 days a week or try to of abdominal exercises, 5 days of week of toning exercises, i walk 5 days a week also for an hour per day. i do some light yoga for beginners once a week, in addition i try to add at least 1 aerobic activity to my walking each week, such as dancing at home, playing soccer or frizbee w/ my grandson. i i do a little kickboxing, boxing, & trying some belly dancing moves i found i 1 of my magazines. High kicks help too, just stand with one of your hands straight out in front of you & kick up with your feet to touch your hand, rotate legs. i'm up to 60 kicks a day now. can feel it work my abs some. anyway, didn't mean to get long winded, hope this helps. blessings.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    i googled fit chick blog and it gave me fitchickinthecity.com is that correct? if not, do you have an actual link?

Fit Chicks Blog.. here's a link to the Tummy Tuck workout :-)

http://fitchicks-fitchicks.blogspot.com/2011/09/tummy-tuck.html

I kind of stumble along the blog for workouts, but they are GREAT. A lot of HIIT style stuff that packs a lot of bang for the buck..
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Go on youtube, type in Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and take it from there :D
  • Quibeful
    Quibeful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hit up the library and try different dvds. That is what i do and it works really well. I also still walk and run @ least 2x a wk.
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    I didnt even think to look at my library for dvds! Thanks!
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    Does the 30 day shred require equipment like dumbells or anything?