Big Boyz Do Cry

Options

Replies

• lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So awesome to know some doctors care. Mine never said boo and i had lost over 80 pounds. Now i am almost 150 down and off bp meds...i keep motivated because i dont want to go back! Great story and lets stay on this journey to wellness!
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Thank you for sharing it with us! :)
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    goose bumps
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the weight loss! Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:
  • muditamom
    Options
    Wonderful and inspiring. Many thanks for posting your story. The goodness and joy of that event have now been shared and multiplied by all of us here. Wishing you continued courage and success in your journey.
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring, made me feel all gooey inside
  • InPieces3
    Options
    What an inspiring story. Kudos to the doctor that cared. He obviously isn't in it for the money, he truly cares. :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your weight loss and God bless you and your wife on the rest of this journey. The journey may seem hard at first, but well worth the sweat and tears. ((hugs))
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring. Congratulations on your weight loss! God bless!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful post. This to brought tears to my eyes. Keep up the excellent work!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    very inspiring-thank you for sharing and congratulations to you:flowerforyou:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Again....many thanks! And I did pass this on to SW. :wink:
  • lldem
    lldem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and may it continue. I'm glad I took the time to read this post and I'm surprised I can reply bc my eyes are blurry with tears!
    Thnaks for the motivation!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your great story. What an inspiration!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    such a beautiful post..thank you for posting this!! You Sir are a rockstar!! keep going :)
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    From another big guy, please accept my congratulations! I'm pleased that you're blessed with a great, caring doc and that you found MFP and this terrific community, but... the "back story" is what I find most inspirational! You could spend your days blaming circumstances without making any changes, expecting someone to "fix" something. Instead, you have a great story of stepping up to a challenge and grabbing it by the throat! I am so grateful you shared your story and will "stay tuned" as you continue.

You're making changes that I suspect will send ripples through your life, affecting weigh more (sorry) than your scales or longevity. You're changing relationships - like with SW - and affecting lives here and in those around you. Congratulations and stay focused and committed!
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got goose bumps! Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing!!!!
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    THank you so much for sharing!! Truly an insperation!
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Great story well done
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My dear departed Dad and later in life, best friend (well, second to wife) once told me and it stuck..."Son, never complain about the cards you are dealt, just learn how to play them wisely." I have been far from perfect and am still recovering, but I keep his pic in both my offices and remind myself of how he taught me to live--oh, have some of SW and Dog, of course. I did have a brief bout with depression several years back, but just started getting back on my feet.

Like we say around here at our home, office, and for the counseling work I do, "It is not about perfection, but about progress." I realized years ago that progress, when shared with the right people, is much easier and far more rewarding.

Wish I would have known/lived all this when I was a pup!

Thanks much...

BigD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!