I'm back, (please read)

and struggling hardcore. This is so much more difficult than I remember it. I've gained back all the weight I lost (15 pounds) and all of my previously large friendbase has stopped using MFP. I realy need all the support I can get. Please add me, and refer me to any friends you think might be good for my situation. Thanks!!

Replies

• I'll add you, and anyone who wants to add me can too!
  • me too
  • moetr
    moetr Posts: 13 Member
    Me too!
  • vaavale
    vaavale Posts: 28 Member
    Hi from New Zealand :happy:
    I'M BACK TOO After going down about 10 kgs and then giving up smoking,and putting it all back on, (sob):sad: I thought i would try cal counting instead of WW which, I just can't get into at the moment, some how just isn't sticking in my head. Just printed out my food for Monday, That gives be a day to get A into G and sort out what's in the cupboards. Bye for now.
  • hello there! you're not alone. i lost 13 pounds and 2 sizes last year and went through some emotional issues and gained it back and then some. i know how you feel. it's so hard to be disciplined and motivated, but you can do this!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    and struggling hardcore. This is so much more difficult than I remember it. I've gained back all the weight I lost (15 pounds) and all of my previously large friendbase has stopped using MFP. I realy need all the support I can get. Please add me, and refer me to any friends you think might be good for my situation. Thanks!!

You can do this. it takes one foot in front of the other. All the progress comes from the kitchen. lower your carbs, increase your protien, and let the fat intake fall where it may, so long as you stay within your calorie goals, you WILL lose!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I sent you a request. Good luck and glad you came back to MFP.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    In the same boat. I've been serious for the past couple weeks and have seen a couple lbs gone. Feel free to add me :) I post status update almost every day....and they are loooong.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Here to help :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Welcome back!!
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    glad your back! sent you a request =)
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    I lost 30, gained it back, lost 10, gained back another 20. Now I'm using MFP for the first time and really liking it. I'm recognizing the mistakes I've been making... now I understand where all the calories are coming from.

In 5 weeks I've lost 16 pounds. I've been using MFP for a couple weeks and I think it will be the key to keeping it off this time. So I'm losing the weight for the LAST time!

You (and I) can totally do this! I sent you a friend request.
  • Trickybird
    Trickybird Posts: 23 Member
    Welcome back! I came back tonight too :) I sent you a request and anyone else can feel free to add me.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Anyone who wants to ad me, feel free. I'll tell you about myself so you'll know whether we would make good friends or not since we all have different needs. I have a very big fitness goal ahead of me...to lose 180 lbs. I'm 25% of the way there. I have lost most of my weight from all the exercise I do. I workout usually 4 hrs a day, 6 days a week. I like friends that work out or have fitness goals as well. I have an open diary and I log in every day. I want friends that log in DAILY. I'm very dedicated to this process. And I'm supportive.
    Laura
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Hey, I started back in september.

My advise if you are finding it hard:

*Make sure you are eating enough calories so you are not hungry all the time. Mine is over 1500 and I still have enough for small treats.

*Initially don't try to cut out any food. I still eat a lot of the food I used to eat but I just eat less of it. For example changing from two slices of bread to one. I also try and eat foods that I enjoy and then gradually add some healthier snacks to it.
  • I'm new too and have a long way to go! I'll do this with you. Over the last year I battled breast cancer and quit smoking. Needless to say, after a year of doing nothing but surgeries and treatments and new medications that are guaranteed to add the pounds I've gained a lot of weight and have the strengh and stamina of a slug. I'm starting all over again now and it is so much harder now than it used to be. I keep telling myself the same thing my son told me the first day of chemo, he said 'Mom, you got this'. And I had it! I survived that and quitting smoking...that was almost easier than this because there were no choices with those.

You got this! I'm not giving myself a choice with this either. You can do this too!