Hello Everyone.....New to the community, but not MPF

Options
Hey there!

I'm new to the MPF community, but not to MPF. I have been trying to lose weight my whole life....well since I was a teenager. I am married and have 2 little girls. I don't consider myself extremely overweight, but my doctor says I can stand to lose 100lbs. He said this 5 years ago, but I have always had an excuse to not do it like being to busy because I was going to school full time and working full time, or just being to busy working on my career after I graduated because I wanted to move up at my company. Well I finally moved up in my company and I travel professionally.

I am about 70% dedicated to my cause on the road. I often feel like if I eat well during the first part of my week I can treat myself one day and then it just explodes from there. Then I just regret doing it after the fact. I read a statistic a few weeks ago that said that 8 times out of 10 a skinny person is more likely to get a job promotion over the overweight person. I work with with big groups of law enforcement around the country and I feel that at times that I am not taken as seriously as others because of my weight. Maybe it's because of my self-consciousness, but I want to overcome that feeling.

I am married and we have two very active little girls that I feel like I can never keep up with. I get home from work and I am just tired, granted depending on where I am traveling from can be a legit reason because I spend a lot of time on the East coast and I live in the west, however, it I don't want to feel this way anymore. I am ready for a change.

This week I started hitting the gym harder and being consistent with MFP. I have found that for me this is a one day at a time thing. If I don't start my day with a really good workout I will flop the rest of the day. I have set my nutrition goals to 1700 calories a day, and I try and workout 90-120 minutes a day. I always start with weight training because I want to bulk up and then finish up with 60-90 minutes of cardio.

I would like anyone and everyone to friend me just so I can have a support system. I can't count on two hands and my two feet how many times I have restarted this process and I don't want to restart it again. I want to finish it this time. My goal is to lose 100lbs ultimately. My timeline is 1 year. I think it is do able. I lose 75 in nine months. I just need to steel my mind and make this my new life, not just my one year sacrifice and then I go back to what I was doing before.

Replies

• cloudwatcher7
    Options
    Hello I am new to this as well and have only lost 4 pds.
    I have 3 kids and they are all grown. I try to be active.
    I really dont know what else to say
    Donetta