Help!! I can't stop eating .....

Options
For the last few days I have been eating more than I should (not really eating clean either). Nor sure if I am really hungry, but I can't seem to stay on track. I know this is just a little set back and I MUST get back on track.

The last two days I have gone over my 1400 cal by 300 yesterday and 500 today.

Yesterday I went to a Pampered Chef party and ate too much and today we had bbq catered....UGG.

I feel like such a PIG.

Replies

• Babicam
    Babicam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal for 2 days, but I have to get it under control. I have 20 - 25 more lbs to loose. UGG...

I also need to get my butt off of the couch and exercise. I want to hit the gym, but not going to happen at this time in my life (no money, no one to watch the kid).....so I will have to settle for my DVD and running (at this point in my life just moving is better than sitting on my duff).
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Could 1400 calories be too low for you? Maybe you are being too restrictive in terms of the foods you can have? Sometimes "binges" occur when you deprive yourself of things that you enjoy, try fitting those foods into your calorie and macro goals once in a while.
    The key is will power, you must believe in yourself to be able to control yourself. Good luck!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Me either. It's like, I wake up every day and eat. Then eat again. And again. Pretty soon it's dinner time, and I eat!!! OMG!!!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    For the last few days I have been eating more than I should (not really eating clean either). Nor sure if I am really hungry, but I can't seem to stay on track. I know this is just a little set back and I MUST get back on track.

The last two days I have gone over my 1400 cal by 300 yesterday and 500 today.

Yesterday I went to a Pampered Chef party and ate too much and today we had bbq catered....UGG.

I feel like such a PIG.

Sounds like everything is fine. You had some things going on, and that makes sense why you ate a little more. 800 cal's over in 2 days is not a big deal anyways.

I go over my cal count atleast a few times a week. I log everything, everyday, except yesterday.

I went to my buddies pizza shop and had a good time with a philly cheese steak sandwich with the trimmin's.

I didn't log yesterday, this was a first for me. i had ice cream afterwards. Lets not kill ourselves. We need something extra sometimes. Just refocus, and get back to it. an day or two of indulging is not big deal. enjoy things in life, or we end up quitting all together. JUST MY OPINION.
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What's going on in your life nowadays? To echo others - maybe 1400 cal per day is too little for you. Maybe not. But, I can totally understand your pain. Your few days of going over were 2 months for me, hence I gained about 8 pounds. So, just try to leave today behind and start over tomorrow. Don't drag the past with you. Each day is new, so do your best and avoid trying to be perfect.

Evelyn
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Most days, I'm okay. But, boy, during a certain time of the month, I am RAVENOUS and tend to go over quite a bit. I guess it evens out (I was almost 600 under today to make up), but it can be daunting. My MFPs friends have suggested more protein, more water, and drinking green tea. I'm going to give all of that a try when I feel a "hungry" day coming on...

Good luck to you!
  • goodenrachel
    goodenrachel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    With. You lost over100lbs! Omg! Is that correct?
  • justfine2009
    justfine2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new today don't beat yourself up. Re-group and get back on your healthy eating regiment. It possible plan a couple of meals inadvance and eat a healthy small snack before your outing that involves food.

Hang in there!
  • karjea
    karjea Posts: 16
    Options
    Exercise.... I love to eat (damn food why do you entice my taste palate), but I realize when I know I'm going to go over I go home turn on the t.v and do a little aerobic workout from my cable menu. Try to resist drink lots of water. I understand the temptations especially at work. When a catering company comes through I go take the stairs while everyone is pigging out or I'll take a small portion of everything that looks appealing (one or two bite portions). One bite of everything then throw the plate out it's a win win. Hope this helps.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    you do need to exercise and you need to stop making excuses. you said you cant exercise because no one to watch the kid? i have 5 and little help. i workout 6-8 times a week for at least an hour. dont use your child as an excuse, use him as a fitness tool, teach him how to be healthy. lead by example. get over a bad moment and think of the moments in front of you. good luck :)
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    you do need to exercise and you need to stop making excuses. you said you cant exercise because no one to watch the kid? i have 5 and little help. i workout 6-8 times a week for at least an hour. dont use your child as an excuse, use him as a fitness tool, teach him how to be healthy. lead by example. get over a bad moment and think of the moments in front of you. good luck :)

what are you talking about? When did she even mention a child in her posting? I think your confused with another topic forum poster, or something.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal for 2 days, but I have to get it under control. I have 20 - 25 more lbs to loose. UGG...

I also need to get my butt off of the couch and exercise. I want to hit the gym, but not going to happen at this time in my life (no money, no one to watch the kid).....so I will have to settle for my DVD and running (at this point in my life just moving is better than sitting on my duff).

correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it says "no one to watch the kid"
    maybe it was you who didn't read the whole story?
  • Babicam
    Babicam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement....

I am not going to worry about the days when I go over a little. The during (while eating) it never seems like a big deal, but after I always beat myself up :)

Those that mention that I may need to eat more.. I tried all the math stuff finding out my TDE (just can not remember acronnym rignt now) and It said that I was at something like 2020....so I settled on 1400 and eating back up to 200 calories when I exercise.
    If I follow MFP I should eat 1200 calories per day and then eat back exercise calories. I tried that and was starving. I have been at 1400 calories a few weeks and It works better for me. I am not really loosing much weight, but only like .25 to .5 lbs every week. It is not as much as I would like, but as long as I do not gain I consider it a success.

Just for clarification--- I exercise at least 3 - 4 times a week (never said anything about not exercising). I was not using my kid as an excuse not to exercise (but as previously stated I can not afford to pay for the gym membership and a babysitter...hence the running and exercise DVD's)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Are we related? You sound like my sister (goodenrachel above)...
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options

I exercise five days a week, with no babysitters, and I have four kids. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk away the Pounds DVDs. When my older kids have finished their lessons (I homeschool) and the youngest is down for his nap, that's my workout time and the kids know it. ;)

MFP gives me 1300 calories before exercising. I usually end up getting close to that, but some days I go over a bit. Just drink water, and maybe figure out if you are eating "trigger foods" that make you want to eat more. I know if I drink diet soda I end up eating more, and potato chips are definitely a "can't eat just one" food for me.