looking for some suggestions

Options
I tried to post this once and I lost connection, so here we go again.

I am thinking about taking a vacation in the next month or two and I have no idea where I would like to go. This will be my first vacation since I became a single man again and I need some suggestions. I just want somewhere where I can relax, unwind, and be around some other people!

Anyone have any good ideas?

Ty

Replies

• ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    I tried to post this once and I lost connection, so here we go again.

I am thinking about taking a vacation in the next month or two and I have no idea where I would like to go. This will be my first vacation since I became a single man again and I need some suggestions. I just want somewhere where I can relax, unwind, and be around some other people!

Anyone have any good ideas?

Ty
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    vegas baby!!!! YEAH!!!LOL sorry that's where me and my hubby are going this year.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    You looking to stay in the states? Or venture further?
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been told that cruises are really good. There are a lot of planned activities and opportunities to meet people. There are cruises that specialize in singles. I've looked into some. There are daily tours when you're in port and a lot of activities planned on the ship. I have a married friend whose husband used to refuse to do vacations and she would go all the time. She raved about them.

I'm planning on a white water rafting trip this summer with a group of people I work with.

My personal trainer is talking about putting together a group of people for a "fitness vacation". Essentially rent cabins and go on hikes and biking every day.

Or, try visiting a friend who lives in a city or area that you've never explored. One of my best vacations was in Portland OR. Really beautiful. I explored alone during the day and when my friend got off work we would go out and meet her friends.

Have fun!
  • ty_bradley01
    Options
    I'm looking to stay in the states. Vegas sounds great but I'm not much of a gambler. I am thinking a beach would be nice. Nothing in Florida though, I've been there too many times!

Ty
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    East coast is nice... Maine, Maryland Have you traveled anywhere before? I've traveled to every state in the United States except for Alaska... I'm allergic to the cold :laugh:

Traveled some in Canada also

I would love to go to other places overseas someday.
  • ty_bradley01
    Options
    I've been told that cruises are really good. There are a lot of planned activities and opportunities to meet people. There are cruises that specialize in singles. I've looked into some. There are daily tours when you're in port and a lot of activities planned on the ship. I have a married friend whose husband used to refuse to do vacations and she would go all the time. She raved about them.

I'm planning on a white water rafting trip this summer with a group of people I work with.

My personal trainer is talking about putting together a group of people for a "fitness vacation". Essentially rent cabins and go on hikes and biking every day.

Or, try visiting a friend who lives in a city or area that you've never explored. One of my best vacations was in Portland OR. Really beautiful. I explored alone during the day and when my friend got off work we would go out and meet her friends.

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice! Good suggestions!

:bigsmile: Ty
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    I know you said you wanted to stay in the states but Oh gosh....we just came back from Italy in April. Amazing is all I can say..

If you want some place to relax and meet super nice people...Italy is wonderful. :bigsmile:

But if your looking to stay stateside...TN is really beautiful. That's where Im from and everyone is very nice and down home.

Good luck.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Ty,

How about the Carolina's I hear there is great golf in the area! Or for a real change of pace New York! I have heard that the Jersey shore is great too!

Enjoy yourself!

kk
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, maybe just venture somewhere that has always interested you, whether it be New England and NYC or The Pacific NW. I am from Oregon originally and live in CT now, so I am fond of both places. And I have heard the Carolinas are nice. I would love to hit The Outer Banks one day myself! And I have been to Hilton Head, SC.. It is beautiful and you truly feel away from it all.
  • ty_bradley01
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I'll have to go look into some of these.

Appreciate it!

Ty
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Any of the Carolina beaches are great! lots of fun stuff and so beautiful.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Okay, Ty, you're a Texan.... you should know that South Padre is the bestest and longest beach in the US!!! It is beautiful!

Otherwise, you could head to where I grew up in S. California; Ventura County Beaches are really fine.... Carpenteria for a great swimming beach..... of course, you could drive down the coast on the Pacific Highway and look for movie stars on the beach... Leo Carillo, Malibu, Zuma, County Line (catch some waves if you can take the cold water..... bring that wetsuit, you will need it.....) (and shark repellent.... so the great whites don't getcha)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oooo lucky you!!! I wanna another vaca LOL...sigh

I hope whatever you choose you have a blast!!! :drinker:

hugs!
    Ali
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    My next vacation involves a 17yo who doesn't want to be there:grumble: , an autistic 15 yo who thinks he should drive everywhere:noway: (but we are going to his world championships), a 13yo with her nose in a book:tongue: , 2 cats:huh: , in-laws :embarassed: (mine and hubby's) and a 30ft travel trailer :noway: (no the in-laws will not be in there too just the 5 of us and the 2 cats)- actually we are traveling to Little Rock, Arkansas; Turkey Run, Indiana (plus Lafayette, Frankfort, Indianapolis), and Maggie Valley, North Carolina- All beautiful places to visit:smooched: - as long as I have a way to kick the kids out every now and then.:ohwell: :ohwell:

PS. two of the most beautiful words (soon to be spoken (yelled) everywhere) in the English Language: SCHOOL's OUT- especially to the teachers- sorry parents
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    My next vacation involves a 17yo who doesn't want to be there:grumble: , an autistic 15 yo who thinks he should drive everywhere:noway: (but we are going to his world championships), a 13yo with her nose in a book:tongue: , 2 cats:huh: , in-laws :embarassed: (mine and hubby's) and a 30ft travel trailer :noway: (no the in-laws will not be in there too just the 5 of us and the 2 cats)- actually we are traveling to Little Rock, Arkansas; Turkey Run, Indiana (plus Lafayette, Frankfort, Indianapolis), and Maggie Valley, North Carolina- All beautiful places to visit:smooched: - as long as I have a way to kick the kids out every now and then.:ohwell: :ohwell:

:laugh: oh your vacations sound like mine LOL....minus the cats add a dog! and a few kids here and there...lol ...sigh...have a blast!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well it's definitely not in the States but here in Australia we have the BEST beaches . . . ahhh, if only it were still summer!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I think South Carolina. The beaches are awesome. Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, are beautiful and you'll find lots of people here .

I am a bit partial because I live here.:glasses:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hey Ty, if you have a good buddy to take along with you, the Appalachian Trail is a heck of a lot of fun. Spending a few days hiking over mountains, sleeping under the stars, eating over a fire...that's a FREAKIN MANCATION!!!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hey Ty, if you have a good buddy to take along with you, the Appalachian Trail is a heck of a lot of fun. Spending a few days hiking over mountains, sleeping under the stars, eating over a fire...that's a FREAKIN MANCATION!!!!

I want to go on a mancation... :blushing: