5 months down; same weight different body

Options
5 months down; same weight different body, BUT not anywhere near as much as I had hoped for (down inches and body fat but not lbs!)

I've just finished Insanity and have just begun ChaLean Extreme on Monday - I'm hoping the weights/resistance bands will help me burn more calories so I get the body I want. Also I found doing Insanity - with that amount of cardio I was pumped up initially for a few hours after doing it but then just felt exhausted after.

Anyone got any tips or programmes that they would suggest I could try alongside Chalean?

Thanks. x

(I put this in motivation and support but I think more people look on here??)

Replies

• madridgiselle
    Options
    I just spoke to my nutritionist about the same problem I have been having. No weight loss at all. She recommened that on the days i do a intense work out I actually up my caloric intake. As crazy as it sounds she told me that I have been starving myself.I have been burning more calories than I have been inputting. So i am going to try that. I am going to up them by the 200 that she recommended. Also I have heard that some people do really well on the paleo diet. No calorie counting and tons of protien. Carbs maybe holding you back. Hope that helps.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Just do Chalean as she gives in in the books - 3 days weights (burn, push & lean circuits) en two days either her cardio and abs dvd's or (what I did) running or any other cardio you like... I throw a kettlebell workout in once a week if the weather is too miserable to run - it is great cardio and strengh combined....

Awsome progress, who cares about the number on the scale!

I weigh 8lbs more than a year ago, but wear the same pants and a smaller top (I'm bottom heavy:sad: ) after starting with heavy weights...Just make sure you get enough protein, enough carbs and good fats, and keep doing what you are doing...
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I am planning on doing Hip Hop Abs, zumba, Kettlebell, JM Kickboxing on days when I can. I want to follow the ChaLean programme but then not stress myself out about whether or not I get anything else done but will if I have the time.

I have also been advised to eat more but I'm trying to listen to my body; if I'm hungry I eat, otherwise I stick to my main meals.

thanks. x
  • Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I am planning on doing Hip Hop Abs, zumba, Kettlebell, JM Kickboxing on days when I can. I want to follow the ChaLean programme but then not stress myself out about whether or not I get anything else done but will if I have the time.

I have also been advised to eat more but I'm trying to listen to my body; if I'm hungry I eat, otherwise I stick to my main meals.

thanks. x

Christine, respect for finishing Insanity! That's a really hard program :) Currently I'm combining Hip Hop Abs with some routines of the 10 minute trainer (just if I'm too busy).

Just wondering, if you still don't lose more weight, it might be because of your food consumption. You could try challenge yourself with a 3-4week Paleo plan like the Sugardetox plan (timreviews.com/21daysugardetox) or I think they have some good books on Amazon.

Tim
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Hi,

Well done on your weight loss so far.

I am always exhausted / totally whacked after a training session. I'm sure the older you get the more difficult recovery can be. Having said that if you eat well and have a pretty high protein intake I've noticed that DOMS is a lot less than without clean food and protein.

Sleep is a key, you have to give your body time to rest and heal before putting it through it's paces again. When I rest more, I'm able to do more. Just listen to your body, it normally shouts in your ear when it needs something :o) I've learnt to listen too and when I do, my body never fails.

Btw I've never done Insanity etc so I maybe talking out of turn. Is it body weight exercise and lots of cardio? Only reason I ask is, lifting weights is a good idea.
  • Timmi1978
    Options
    Hi,

I am always exhausted / totally whacked after a training session. I'm sure the older you get the more difficult recovery can be. Having said that if you eat well and have a pretty high protein intake I've noticed that DOMS is a lot less than without clean food and protein.

Sleep is a key, you have to give your body time to rest and heal before putting it through it's paces again. When I rest more, I'm able to do more. Just listen to your body, it normally shouts in your ear when it needs something :o) I've learnt to listen too and when I do, my body never fails.

Btw I've never done Insanity etc so I maybe talking out of turn. Is it body weight exercise and lots of cardio? Only reason I ask is, lifting weights is a good idea.

Insanity involves A LOT cardio and some body weight exercises.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've never personally done Insanity, but I've been hearing that from people. They didn't get AS much of a result as they expecting. Good for you for completing it, though! Just keep mixing it up. I've attempted P90X several times, there's NO way I can stick to the meal plans or workout 6 days a week, but they do have some pretty great workouts. I'm going to get back to it and shoot for 3 days a week. I'm always SO sore after each workout I need a day off anyway.
  • Timmi1978
    Options
    I've never personally done Insanity, but I've been hearing that from people. They didn't get AS much of a result as they expecting. Good for you for completing it, though! Just keep mixing it up. I've attempted P90X several times, there's NO way I can stick to the meal plans or workout 6 days a week, but they do have some pretty great workouts. I'm going to get back to it and shoot for 3 days a week. I'm always SO sore after each workout I need a day off anyway.

:D I second that! P90X is also pretty intense. Glad I'm not the only one mixing these workouts. We can get great results without getting totally sore and exhausted after 1 week.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Hi,

Insanity involves A LOT cardio and some body weight exercises.

Thanks @Timmi1978...

Whilst I love body weight exercises, for me at least you've got to lift weights as well to get better results. Lots of cardio will burn calories for sure but weights sculpts the body. So the combination is the key anyway it's just a suggestion, but well worth considering if you haven't tried it already.
  • ChristineDiet
    Options
    Thanks again. The ChaLean Extremem programme is a mixture of cardio (twice a week) and weights (three times a week). Completely week one, so far so good. It's weird have but after Insanity you just don't feel that you are doing as much. Although last night my legs and arms were aching, but a good ache - like I've worked hard but not overly.

I'm hoping this programme will help me get closer to goals with my size. I really need to try and stop thinking about the scale and concentrate more on how I look and feel.

I am trying to eat more protein, some days are better than others. I guess we are all on a learning curve. I want to change my diet but not to the extreme where it affects the family. I still want to be able to eat with the family and eat what they are eating. I do make homemade food and use fresh vegetables to make sauces, etc, and generally eat a lot of chicken. I think I probably need to eat more fish too (but it's so expensive).

I will finish this programme mid Feb and I think I will do p90x but realistically I don't want to start a programme where after the first week I realise that I haven't got the time to commit to it so I may look at doing it 3 days a week. Hey it'll take me twice as long to complete it but at least I'm more likely to complete it!!!

Good luck to you all doing p90x, Hip Hop Abs (love that) and anything else.

xx
  • ChristineDiet
    Options

thanks. x

Christine, respect for finishing Insanity! That's a really hard program :) Currently I'm combining Hip Hop Abs with some routines of the 10 minute trainer (just if I'm too busy).

Just wondering, if you still don't lose more weight, it might be because of your food consumption. You could try challenge yourself with a 3-4week Paleo plan like the Sugardetox plan (timreviews.com/21daysugardetox) or I think they have some good books on Amazon.

Tim

Thanks for this, tbh I'm not sure I could stick with a complete detox for 3-4 weeks but I am thinking about fasting for 2 days (on my 2 days off from workouts). It's the 5/2 IF, basically you eat up to 600 calories on the 2 days you are fasting so your not completely 'fasting' but then you eat normal on the other 5 days. I have a couple of friends doing this and seem to be very successful with their weight loss. Anyone else tried it/doing it?

x
  • hollyxrawk
    Options
    i do Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home program. Its a real fat burner! lost 4 pounds in a week!
  • Shakirajamal
    Options
    Do you think it's working from the work or u also dropped calories. I think I'm going to start that tmro.
  • Rjspokane
    Rjspokane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! It sure is a great feeling. I went from 225 lbs to now weighing 188 and finally getting close to my goal!! :)

If you want some help, try using some health supplements, Advocare products have help me and both my wife and son start reaching our goals faster!! They have specific products for different goals. Everything from weight loss, staying trim to sports conditioning.

Good luck and keep up the good work, i have included the website link if you would like to check out some of these products. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

Robert

www.advocare.com/12091942
  • ChristineDiet
    Options
    Do you think it's working from the work or u also dropped calories. I think I'm going to start that tmro.

Over the last 5 months I've probably done about a month eaten 1200 (or less to be 'under goal'), I then upped it to between 1300/1400 which was more sustainable. When i began the Insanity I had to increase it again and went up to between 1800/2000 a day. Your body needs the extra fuel for sure on insanity. I am in two minds whether to cut back on the cals so I can try and shift some 'weight' as well as tone up etc, but still unsure - thinking of doing IF for 2 days (on my rest days).

Good luck with the programme. x