Forks over Knives a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet

Options
Forks over Knives, my sister and I are going to start this next week (after my juicer that I ordered arrives). It seems really interesting. We are going to do a combo of Juicing Diet/Vegan/Vegetarian. It seems really intense but with all of the research it makes perfect sense. Check the documentary out on Netflix with instant play or on Hulu. Let me know what you think, their website is pretty informative as well. I personally hope to get more energy out of it but the weight loss would be nice as well. Have you ever heard of it? What are your thoughts/opinions ?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I saw the documentary, I'm still eating meat.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It certainly makes you feel good about eating fruits and veggies. Soups & salads are great.

I still eat some meat, but not as much as I had before.
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Saw it. Went paleo instead. Still try to keep 75% of my diet fruits and veggies and the other 25% is proteins like nuts and meats.

https://www.facebook.com/therecoveringvegetarian?fref=ts
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    It was a kickstart to me switching to a vegan diet. Also look at Food,Inc for further confirmation that you are making the right decision with your diet. My primary purpose for switching to plant based/vegan was health reasons but after watching Food,Inc it really convicted me on the animal rights/enviromental level as well.
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My sister and I talked about it, we still plan on eating lean meat in extreme moderation every once in a while.