New Member Reaching Out!

Options
Hi, my name's Brittany. I'm new to this site but not weight loss itself. I've been overweight all my life. It got out of control after a near death experience that spiraled me into a deep depression and I had pretty much given up. Last April I joined Weight Watchers and lost 72 pounds, then I hit a brick wall and for the last 8 months I haven't been able to get any lower no matter what I do. I got discouraged and put on a few extra pounds. When I realized it was getting out of hand again I wanted to do something about it. I have little to motivation right now, but I'm forcing myself to follow through. I joined a gym and met with a trainer who put together a workout plan for the rest of November for me, and my doctor gave me some medication to try to kick-start my metabolism. I have almost 100 pounds left to lose still, it's very daunting so anyone in the same situation or that would like to encourage one another please hit me up!

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, I post daily. Might not make good food choices or exercise some days but I post daily and am losing weight. If you are looking for friends you can add me. Its one step at a time!

I am bit older than you with 2 teenagers. So far I am very thrilled with the weight loss. I know as I get down more I am going to have to rev up the exercise but for now its working.

Keep posting and add people who post daily. It really! helps.

Christine
  • AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany! Great job on losing 72 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great accomplishment! fell free to add me as a friend. :)
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well. Your story has some similarities to mine I lost around 70 lbs and hit a brick wall and could not move past it my body just did not want to do it I tried everything. I did not have the stamina to hold out till the scale moved. I got discouraged and gained 15 lbs I am now trying to get back on track. Joined the gym again have been taking a few Core classes at the gym and joined this site. Little steps at a time... Feel free to add me as well. I am going to try to get into good habits one step at a time. Good luck... :)
  • Brittaura
    Brittaura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! Hopefully we can encourage each other, I'm excited that there's so many people on these boards, I didn't expect that :happy:
  • pambarr
    pambarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I would like to hear more about your journey as you go along.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Angela. I log everyday and I keep my food diary viewable. I do this so that we can share ideas and possibly recipes. Also, I know I will be a MFP or a long time. I have a long journe ahead of myself. I have dealt and deal with depression so Ithink we have a lot that we could share on this journey!

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I would love to help motivate you.
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been coming here for about a month or so and I've lost around 17 pounds and I have a long way to go. I'm sending a friend request, and hope that you'll accept. I look forward to help supporting you!!
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sending you a friend request. Anyone else, feel free to add me. My name is Sherry; I am currently recuperating from knee replacement surgery but am trying to get back in the game. I've been on MFP for several months and have lost 28 lbs using it and another 23 prior to joining. Still have about 100 to go though so I'll be here a while. This is the most helpful site I've found and it has the most helpful people on it. Stay active on the site, log your food and exercise and it will help you. Together we can all do this!!
  • TheFunkyFish
    Options
    Hey there, you can add me if you want. I post daily and I keep my goals in mind. I've lost 100lbs so far so I know how hard you must have worked for that 72. If you ever need motivational or general help you can send me a message and I'll be glad to help if I can.