Help! So bad at eating net

Options
So for some reason I can't eat 1200 net! I usually range 700-800 maybe a lil more or less. I know I'm going to get told I'm not eating enough and I'm starving my body since I usually burn 500+ cals a day since I workout everyday. For some reason I feel like if I net 1230 or whatever I'm eating way too much, I've been stalled for like 6 months and I reallllly would like advice. I'm getting frustrated and done ranging between 155 and 157

Thanks! Xoxo

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You've answered your own question. Eat a bit more. Your reaction to a net of 1200 is unhealthy...:-/
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had a quick peek in your diary..

maybe change your dairy and cheeses from diet and no fat/low fat to regular cheddars.
    add some nuts into your snacks.. bananas are a good snack and can add some extra cals.
    Avocadoes can add some good fats and cals, and I would maybe use whole eggs instead of just the whites.
  • merso001
    Options
    thanks guys! i'll try that! I'm going to try to cut some carbs and up my veggies. i've been having a carb overload lately! I'll try to net 1200 too!
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i had that problem when i originally switched from weight watchers. i couldn't seem to eat enough. as others have mentioned do not fear adding more full fat/non-"diet" products. this helped me a lot.

your body needs fuel for your exercise! i am in maintenance but just to give you an idea calorie wise ... if i have gone a little crazy a few days i can actually still LOSE by NETTING 1400-1500. not as fast as i did when i was losing and netting 1200-1300 but pounds still drop. you definitely are only going to help yourself by finding some ways to eat more . good luck!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    2 eggs (including the yolks...don't be afraid of FULL eggs)

mash banana & mix with eggs. heat pan & use the mix like a pancake batter, make 1 or 2 pancakes out of it. Cook, serve & eat. No need for sugar or anything else (except oil so it dont stick....I use coconut oil)

it fills you up for hours, is FULL of the good stuff (yep full eggs are full of good stuff) and will up your cals by 200
  • merso001
    Options
    i did weight watchers, too! Maybe thats what is making my mind set so hard? thanks so much! Your advice really means a lot!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Set your calories to 1700, and don't track exercise.
  • jsbodhi
    Options
    Try to stay away from refined carbs.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods, full fat cheese, milk, nuts, avocado, etc. Stop eating low fat or fat free junk. It's really not that hard to eat at least 1200.
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i did weight watchers, too! Maybe thats what is making my mind set so hard? thanks so much! Your advice really means a lot!

weight watchers points system seems to punish high protein/calorie-dense foods. when i switched from WW to MFP i was able to eat a lot of higher point items that contained more protein, and still lose weight.
  • oburley89
    oburley89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try to seesaw your cal. intake. that usually gets things moving.