Just joined today! :)

Options
Hi Everyone!

I just joined today. I heard about you on another message board (www.thebump.com, under "health and exercise") and I am so excited! I used to go on SparkPeople but it didn't suit me well even though a lot of other people like it. MFP seems pretty easy to navigate and I like how it helps you to see your goals.

I'm very obese, and would like to lose 108 lbs to start, and then see how I feel. My main reasons for losing weight are for long term health, and I also want to start a family.

I look forward to having a support system here!

Thanks,
Andrea

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and well wishes to you on your journey! This site offers easy to use tools and there's always tons of support and motivation from all of us. You have some great motivation, stay consistent and dedicated and you will get there :):flowerforyou:
  • squashmelon9
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to lose weight and welcome! Best of luck to you! Rhonda
  • mandy10
    mandy10 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

this is my frist week on MFP as well, and i love it so far!! The people on here are so nice and helpfull its great! This is also good because it hold you a little more acountable for what we are actually eating. I was shocked at how some of the smaller things i used to eat added up in calories so fast!!!

Good luck with your weight loss!!! :)
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    Hi my name is Debbie... I just joined this morning also.. I'm looking forward to losing weight and achieving a healthy lifestyle.. Since I have hit 50 it seems so hard to loose the weight... but I have to do something because doing nothing is getting me nowhere :noway: :noway: Good luck to everyone.... My goal for March is drink 8 glasses of water a day.... I know this doesn't sound like much to some of you... but I don't drink water at all.... I was a big diet coke drinker and now I have switched to sweet tea... but I have to drink more water... my body needs it... I know that... it's just doing it... but hey that's why I have joined this site to get motivated and take charge of my LIFE.... :happy: :happy:

Now off to drink my water....

Debbie
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think you're at the right place to get you started towards achieving your goals. You can do this! We're all here for you! :)