any tips on lowering bloating?

Options
Just curious to see if anyone knows any ways to get bloating down. I feel so gross blahhh

Replies

• fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Less salt, more water?
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Definitely more water, it should be your new best friend. It could also be a certain food making you bloated. Maybe try some experiments and see if you feel more or less bloated afterwards.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have tried less salt, more water. That doesn't always help for me. :(
  • hillarychristina
    Options
    i meant more of a "once in a while" type of bloating. i take care of my sodium intake.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    water. and peeing.

That usually helps me (: whether its from too much sodium intake or PMS. My birth control often makes me feel super bloated and when I drink and drink and drink water, yeah I'm running to the bathroom more often, but I don't feel as bad after.
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Less salt, more water - as others have already said. Also, make sure to cut down on pop (diet too) or anything carbonated, as it makes you bloat.
  • PrettyUgly18
    PrettyUgly18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What I use to stop bloating, is Green Tea, and Vitamin water. :) Both Work Great!
  • Erikuhhhhhhh
    Options
    I would really suggest cutting out dairy! That always helps me!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The program I'm doing recommends 6 smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3 larger meals. This biggest benefit for me is that I'm never hungry because I'm eating every 2-3 hours. This also helps keep your blood sugar more stable - fewer peaks and valleys so your energy level is more constant and you have fewer cravings. But the other benefit is less bloating or feelings of "fullness" because you're eating smaller meals. Each "meal" is around 300 calories so your daily total is roughly 1800 calories broken up in 6 mini-meals. Good luck!
  • DevonChez
    DevonChez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 6 smaller meals thing, and spacing them out and making them really small. I also take green tea supplements (can't stand the taste, sadly) and I find that it does indeed help somewhat. I also lower the amounf og "heavy grains" keeping good healthy levels of them but try not eating them in every meal?

Devon
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Drinking cranberry juice or adding fresh lemon juice to water both seem to help me with the occasional bloating/water weight (especially around TOM).