What are the healthiest granola bars or breakfast bars?

Options
13»

Replies

• HYBRIDXXX
    Options
    PURE PROTEIN CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER IS DA BEST WIT 20 GRAMS OF PROTEIN, 2 GRAMS OF SUGAR, 17 CARBS & 6 GRAMS OF FAT
  • LamoreauxSu
    LamoreauxSu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Skip the bars and put together a little trail mix (measure our ingredients to keep track of the calories) of almonds, pistachios, walnuts and a piece of 70% dark chocolate or perhaps a few special dark chocolate chips. Bare Fruit dried cinnamon apples would be a great addition to the mix as well. Portion out small baggies as these delicious foods are calorie dense and those calories add up quickly!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love think thin and Eas protein bars
  • jwalworth
    jwalworth Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I kinda fell in love with "Fiber One - Chocolate & Oats". Good for a fast grab and munch.

This! My breakfast everyday is one of those and a cup of coffee.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    When I need to have something quick and prepared I like Luna Protein Bars (different than regular Luna bars). They have added protein & fiber and they also have vitamins and minerals I don't get enough of, such as calcium. I would normally chose something less processed but this is a good balance for me. The cookie dough protein one is delicious!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    stay away from them... the sugar will completey sabotage your weight loss ! Take a bag of mixed dry nuts and maybe cheerios mixed in for a snack (small)
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    thats almost a third of the sugar you should have for the day and will completely ruin your weight loss plans! Don't give your hard-earned money to the company!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    There are sooo many out there Im lost in them- which ones are low cal that do not make you hungry? Or which ones are great for Breakfast?

Home made ones, pure and simple.

Anything bought in pre-packaged boxes and stuff is not healthy.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I disagree about Cliff bars being healthy. Too many sugar, too many carbs, not much protein. I've been using them as meal replacements while my power is out (thanks Sandy) and they work for that but I wouldn't say they are very healthy tho. Luna bars are better. Special K bars, or even making your own !
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    The best, healthiest granola or breakfast bar would be one you make yourself (a quick google search will get you lots of recipes), but when I don't have time to do that I get the Kashi breakfast bars. Not a ton of sugar, all whole grain and real fruit. Pretty tasty, too, and around 130 calories.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    thats almost a third of the sugar you should have for the day and will completely ruin your weight loss plans! Don't give your hard-earned money to the company!!
    I could eat the peanut butter Larabars by the box, and it hasn't ruined my weightloss plans whatsoever.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My favorite for breakfast is Atkins Daybreak Hazelnut chocolate bars. If you like Ferrer Roche, you will love these. High protein, low carbs.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My favourites are the Taste of Nature bars, but at 200 calories a pop, I just stash one in my backpack only for serious cases of hypoglycemia. :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    i eat fiber one bars and they are good and chocolate.....
  • lilacstars
    Options
    I don't have the perfect bar that I go to but lately I've been considering trying to make my own. Have you thought about trying that if you had the time? They seem pretty easy to make and you can customize with whatever you happen to have on hand.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    Nature Valley - Protein Chewy Bar Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate

Calories 190
    Protein 10 g
    Total Carbs 14 g
    Sugars 6 g

Sodium 170 mg
    Total Fat 12 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 4 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 7 g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 2%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 8%

This is my favorite! Keeps me full for a few hours and is delish!
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kind Bars...http://www.kindsnacks.com/
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    stay away from them... the sugar will completey sabotage your weight loss !

I'd be careful with statemenets like this. Luna, Rickland Orchards, Kind, Special K Protein meal, Pure bars have all be a significant part of my diet over the last 14 weeks and it hasn't kept me from losing 33 pounds in that time frame. I eat 2-3 of those bars for breakfast every weekday morning and usually have one mid morning or mid afternoon. Some of the bars have very low nutrional value, some are much better. they most defninitely are processed more than i might like but given my schedule, my goals, the rest of my diet, etc. they fit well into my routine.

it also gives automatic portion control which a lot of people struggle with when they make their own nut mixture. It's easy to consume way too much of a nut mixture unless you really pay attention to portion control.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KatieT451956
    Options
    Where can you purchase Luna Bars?? I live in Texas and have never seen them here.
    Thanks