Opinions of Sensa???

Options
Hi..I have been doing MFP for about 8 wks and its working well for me so far, so no plans of going off program or trying any ridiculous diets, pills, or anything of that sort but I am just curious about Sensa...I have seen the ads popping up everywhere not to mention the annoying commercial. I did some research into how if works and found that it triggers the hormone telling a person they are full earlier than it this was to happen naturally while eat. I didn't really find any bad side effects..but is this stuff bad news or what? and what happens when u q'uit using it or are u expected to spinkle everything u eat the rest of your life? haha.. like I said..I don't buy into stuff like this but just curious if anyone had a first hand experience?? or second hand experience? lol

Replies

• 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about it too, and I think I checked on it and it seemed expensive for what the average weight loss was, but since my brain is like a colander these days, don't even ask me what it cost or what the average weight loss was, cause I can barely remember what day it is these days. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it and what they thought. Wait---this isn't the stuff that blows your hair back, right LOL (couldn't resit)
  • htalexander
    Options
    LOL No, that's something I would be much more into trying!!!! haha
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I checked it out at my local GNC. If I remember right, it costs about $80.00 for a two month supply.
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly it didnt work for me and i was also eating healthy
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Someone is really raking in the money !!! I tried Ali a couple of years ago. It will only work if you are eating too much fats. I wasn't so it didn't help me. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is using Sensa at this time.

Becky
  • brookelittle
    Options
    basically how it works is it makes the food you eat smell like trash! Some people may be able to tolerate it but I can smell everything to the 100th power! I don't even time when I bake, I can SMELL when its finished! lol... Think about it, if you were sitting next to something that smelled horrible it would curb your appetite..right? But if you're like me then you can taste what you can smell.. I have a 2 month supply in my cabinet that I never will touch again!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    so this stuff makes you not like food any more?

pass
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    So, Sensa has a bad odor? Who would want to use that???
  • brookelittle
    Options
    So, Sensa has a bad odor? Who would want to use that???
    Thats not exactly how they word it, they make it sound better, something like... for each level there is a different scent that does not alter or enhance the flavor of your food. It simply triggers the area of your brain that decides when you are full and in turn a hormone is released telling you that you are full sooner. Sprinkle it vigorously on anything..big macs...tubs of lard... fat back...m&m's...
    Thats why its call SCENTsa!
    My best guess is that the different levels are just a more potent version of the first month's supply... I guess they wanna start you off with a slight dumpster aroma and work you up to the abandoned land fill therapy??? LMAO!!!
    I don't know but I could tell right away what the gimmick was and I couldn't tolerate it...moreless graduate it... And the commercials have them just throwing back fast food..never any healthy snacks?? You may lose weight eating 1 bite of a burger per meal but you wont get any of the amino acids that you need to actually SURVIVE!! omg... still laughing.. glad I cancelled my card before they charged me!
  • brookelittle
    Options
    oh yeah and they have a different one that you sprinkle on fruits that smells like skittles... doesn't really curb your appetite but why would you need to limit your fruit intake???? So its still just a trick... if your over dosing on fruit and gagging when you try eating real food you'll lose weight... I just don't believe any of it.. actually did some research on it..AFTER I got lured in and found out the guy that invented the crap in a scam artist from H..E..double hockey sticks!
  • htalexander
    Options
    Haha! thanks for the responses..I will NOT be going on or recommending what I now deem the "Stank Salt" diet.
  • emmajohnsonlive
    Options
    I have been looking for info also and found this post that breaks it all down in more detail and also has a bunch of user testimonials. http://www.squidoo.com/does-sensa-really-work It says some good things, so it's a bit confusing seeing these posts saying it smells bad. Apparently it makes the food taste better? Is this what you guys have experienced? Does it taste good even though smells funny? I might just put a peg on my nose to block the smell. lol