Abdominal fat

Options
I am so frustrated, I don't eat junk food and I exercise like crazy and yet my belly fat just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I have a muffin top (and no its not because my pants are too small). What do I do?

Replies

• ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ki.d of in the same boat uete...hoping itll start shrinking lol. Evej wejt as far as getting tye neoprene golds gym waist trimmer belt to help shred the water weight in that area...have you tried plank excercise? Like 30 secind reps or however lojg you can hold yourself up?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that it is an issue of perception? Have you seen a change in measurements over time?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're starving yourself so your body is burning muscle and storing fat....
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you really think what you're doing is healthy then belly fat is the least of your issues. Eating less than 1000 calories a day and exercising that off is not going to be helpful.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Less than 1000 calories per day, sometimes under 600. Pitifully low protein intake. As an another poster said, your body is eating you own lean muscle tissue. You very likely have an eating disorder. Your belly is the least of your issues. See help. Now!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Are you trying to kill yourself? Eat. To eat under 600 and burn 1300+ calories will kill you. Get help A.S.A.P because you need it
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Less than 1000 calories per day, sometimes under 600. Pitifully low protein intake. As an another poster said, your body is eating you own lean muscle tissue. You very likely have an eating disorder. Your belly is the least of your issues. See help. Now!

This!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to kill yourself? Eat. To eat under 600 and burn 1300+ calories will kill you. Get help A.S.A.P because you need it

This too!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would add more protein.
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    Eat your calories to lose.. sounds crazy but if you fill your body with all the fuel it needs and keep healthily active it will kick up your metabolism, so your body will not store all the food out of fear of not getting any more. Then it will start burn. This worked for me when I plateaued .. but you have to eat :smile:
  • Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really really LOVE the way you are all speaking to her. how about being a little more gentle? eating disorders are a mental condition and she's probably quite fragile right now. LIGHTEN UP.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I really really LOVE the way you are all speaking to her. how about being a little more gentle? eating disorders are a mental condition and she's probably quite fragile right now. LIGHTEN UP.

Well at least YOU are staying focused on the central issue here.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated, I don't eat junk food and I exercise like crazy and yet my belly fat just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I have a muffin top (and no its not because my pants are too small). What do I do?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Looking at your profile, you are a young girl and not really eating enough for your height and weight?

Maybe try to eat a little more and call in a gym to ask for some advise from a trainer to work on the parts of your body that you are unhappy with and work out a good eating program too?
  • Cyndi1
    Options
    your not alone...I am doing the fast 2 times a week and I honestly see it going down. since 2.5 weeks I lost 4.5 pounds...I dont know but I am like you workout 6 days a week and sometimes 3 to 4 hours daily....it doesnt make sense... we shall see.
  • Cyndi1
    Options
    your not alone...I am doing the fast 2 times a week and I honestly see it going down. since 2.5 weeks I lost 4.5 pounds...I dont know but I am like you workout 6 days a week and sometimes 3 to 4 hours daily....it doesnt make sense... we shall see.
    oh I do eat more then 1800 calories. I dont want to starve to lose the belly...even fasting I make sure protein is high the day before and its the first thing I do after 20 hours of fasting.. Protein is muscles...I dont want to be skinny - I want to be fit.
  • curiousorange
    Options
    Please seek help. You do not eat enough and your body is going into starvation mode. It's saving all of the fat because it doesn't know where the next meal is coming from. It's not healthy, please see your doctor. And you are a beautiful person just the way you are.
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This.
    Please seek help. You do not eat enough and your body is going into starvation mode. It's saving all of the fat because it doesn't know where the next meal is coming from. It's not healthy, please see your doctor. And you are a beautiful person just the way you are.

and this... Sorry.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My tummy is the last place I'm storing excess fat. I'm 5'9" and 151 lbs and I STILL have a muffin top (and same, it's not because of my pants, it's just how it is). BUT it is getting smaller, slowly but surely, the more weight I lose.

Hang in there.