Any else pregnant using MFP?

Options
I am 6 months pregnant with my little boy. Has anyone else successfully used MFP while pregnant to just gain the recommended weight? I've gained 18 pounds so far...I started at 130lbs. I didn't want to put more than 25lbs all together, but I don't know if I'll make it.

Replies

• tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    hello there :0) first of all CONGRATS!!
    we are not too far apart. i am 5.5 months today and have gained about 16 pounds.
    and YES! i use MFP to keep me on track. i hope to gain no more than 30 pounds. see if i make it :0)
  • Gsonia11
    Options
    Awesome, and congrats to you TanyaMax:flowerforyou: You know what your are having? I've gone a little over my calories here and there, but at least I know where I am going wrong. I know we can make it!!! Fingers cross.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This is good to know... My husband and I are trying so I wasn't sure if using MFP while preggers was realistic. Glad to see I won't be the only one :)

Congrats to you both!!!
  • Gsonia11
    Options
    This is good to know... My husband and I are trying so I wasn't sure if using MFP while preggers was realistic. Glad to see I won't be the only one :)

Congrats to you both!!!

Thank you:flowerforyou: I must admit sometimes it's not that easy. I am just trying to stay away from gaining too much. I try not to deny myself of anything if I really want it.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i am holding off on knowing the gender. until delivery :0)
  • Gsonia11
    Options
    Good for you, I am so impatient that I had to know:noway: We found out at 16 weeks.
  • melissazwa
    melissazwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wasn't using MFP while I was pregnant, but I did only gain about 25 lbs with my son (although gained much more while breastfeeding!). I really stuck to my "maintaining" calorie goal for the first trimester, added maybe another 1 or 2 healthy snacks during the 2nd trimester, and a 3rd snack during my 3rd trimester. You really don't have to add a tremendous amount of calories to gain weight in a healthy way. I didn't have a whole bunch of cravings, but I always made sure I had yogurt and fruit in case of wanting something sweet, and cheese/nuts in the case of salty.

Just keep moving! I continued with a fast paced walk during my work lunch break (about a mile) all the way up to a couple days before birth. Walking really great way to stay active, and with all that weight on the belly, it acts as strength training for your legs and booty. And lots and lots of stretching! Staying active really does help with the rebound after you have your little ones :) Good Luck!
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used it during my pregnancy. I was on bed rest for the entire 2nd half, so I really had to watch what I ate since I couldn't even leave my house- I gained 32 lbs. I set my goals to "maintain" and gained about 1 lb. or so per week, and gained about 2 lbs a week the last month. I had an almost 9 lb. baby though :)
  • Hempchick
    Options
    I am 9 mos. pregnant and use MFP to keep track of my and my little one's calories. So far I've gained 24 lbs with my pregnancy and am very excited to welcome a little girl Dec. 4. I wish all my preggers MFP friends the best!
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months pregnant and use to track my calorie consumption and iron intake. I gained 10lbs since tracking (2 months ago) but 40lbs total.