Ayone trying to lose weight before becoming pregnant??

Options
Hey! I was just wondering if there was anyone who was also trying to lose some weight before they get pregnant?

Replies

• Dianalovescats
    Options
    My mom! :-) She is losing weight to become pregnant. We all miss a baby in the house!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am, well, that's one reason. I have many.
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I actually want to look pregnant when I am, instead of fat lol.
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am, although we're trying now. Basically, it's a "lose as much weight as I can and every month I'm not pregnant is just another month to get healthier" approach. :)
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    I am!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Me!! One of a few reasons. A healthier me, pregnancy, and (hopefully) healthier baby!!
  • ashvegas99
    Options
    I am too. So I can adopt healthier habits for my child and have a healthy pregnancy.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Yep, that is my main motivation! Some people don't get it because I am just gonna gain back a lot of my weight with pregnancy, but my idea is that I never wanted to weight more than the already too high weight I was at, so I need to lose enough that after a baby I will still be the same or less than before. Not to mention how much healthier the pregnancy will be now!
  • foodcallsme
    Options
    I am. It's one of many reasons for which I'm trying to get down to a healthier weight.
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just got married the 28th of September and started MFP in August. I managed to lose 20 lbs before the wedding and ended up gaining some back on the honeymoon, now the last month I was in a rut and am now back to being diligent with tracking and making better choices. I have a 3 year old from a previous relationship and have still yet to lose the 25 I gained with her. But I will say I was depressed as I was a single mom and it was difficult. Shame on me I know, well my husband and I want to try for another so they won't be so far in age so now I'm trying to get this weight off and more if I can.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sort of!

My goal has been to get to a healthy weight by the end of the year since I started, and then after refining my goals I wanted to get in great shape to do the Tough Mudder next September. However, my husband has upped my motivation by saying that he just wanted to wait to try again for another baby until after cutting loose a couple more times with me for the holidays. So now I'll follow Plan A, and hopefully I'll be pregnant soon and will abandon these crazy race ideas. :bigsmile:

I want to be at a healthy starting weight when I get pregnant after dealing with Gestational Diabetes with my son. It lowers the risk of having it again, and for developing type II after. Good luck everyone!
  • monopatin
    Options
    I am! :)
  • JHoelck0928
    Options
    I agree! I would rather not exceed what I am now by becoming pregnant. One of my friends can't seem to understand that. She thinks I'm wasting my time.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Part of my reasons is for being healthier before getting pregnant. I also miss my healthier self and my clothes. ;)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am! Well way in advance that is! I want to be a healthy vessel to grow a baby and a good example after the baby is born. I still have a few years, but it's never too early to start!
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Losing weight before your pregnant is a horrible idea! think of the baby if you're underweight when you're making a baby it increases the odds the baby could be born very ill or not at all you need to seriously reconsider your idea
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Losing weight before your pregnant is a horrible idea! think of the baby if you're underweight when you're making a baby it increases the odds the baby could be born very ill or not at all you need to seriously reconsider your idea

Sorry, what?? She never said it would make her underweight... we are overweight trying to be a healthy place for a baby to grow. Being at a healthy weight before conception is ideal.
  • JHoelck0928
    Options
    Um...I am 206 lbs at 5'5. i'm pretty sure I would have to lose like 100 lbs to be underweight...........I want to be 145. that is not underweight.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I AM!

i gained 45 lbs last time
    im trying to get back to square one before i even THINK about getting prego again haha
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I always did that before having a baby (except for my very last one). It's a great idea to get in shape before! Gives you great habits, and keeps you fit throughout/fitter afterwards!