4th day 1200 calories diet...

Options
hello everybody,
I weigh 146 lbs and I measure 5,4" I really want to lose 15 lbs in a healthy way so i am trying the 1200 calories diet. I want to lose one pound per week. with this diet I basically eat everything but I dont eat junk food and I try to eat a lot of fibers drink water. I dont go over 1200 calories and sometimes I am so full that I dont get to finish my 1200 calories...usualy I have a 120 calories that I dont use.
today its the fourth day and I dont see any progress on the scale and because I always feel full I have the impression that I wont lose any weight especialy that I dont work out and I eat at night (fruits or vegetables).
please if you tried this diet let me know when will i see results and if you have any advices for me I would appreciate it very much.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Four days really isn't long enough to see any progress!
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 cal diet and losing, if you open your diary we can take a look at it for you, but she is right..you need to wait a full week maybe 1 1/2 weeks
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It can be quite discouraging, especially when you're impatient about the results. Four days isn't that much though, especially if you don't exercise. But, I think that the results will start to show soon, if you just continue what you're doing. Personally, I'm trying to not focus on the number to go down quickly. Even though I plan to weigh every day, it's just for my own knowledge. Weight fluctuates all the time, so the best measure is weekly, at least. Just know that weight loss isn't straightforward and that true results show after a while. So be patient, even though it's really hard.

Evelyn
  • louloumelon
    Options
    hey thanks a lot for the answers
    I opened my dairy...can you take a look at it and give me advices about it,
  • Dodgers33089
    Options
    if your mindset continues on this road, impatience and desire for fast results, then you will fail

You need to plan for the rest of your life...not looking at 4 days, or 7 days even....but months and years. As long as you reduce what you were consuming before and add exercise, you will succeed at whatever your goals might be
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Didn't see any results for about 3 weeks... and even then it was slow.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your diet's not bad - but double check some of the things you are recording. I'm pretty sure raspberries don't have protein in them.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing the first week....5 pounds the second. Be patient. :)
  • FatFinn320
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You are doing great meeting your daily calorie goal! (under 1200) Keep it up! You WILL decrease your weight. I encourage you to do at least some walking at least 3 days a week. It makes a big difference. Also, remember your vitamins.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You are doing great meeting your daily calorie goal! (under 1200) Keep it up! You WILL decrease your weight. I encourage you to do at least some walking at least 3 days a week. It makes a big difference. Also, remember your vitamins.

Oh seriously?! Eating under 1200 is not 'doing great' unless your trying to cultivate an eating disorder or grind yourself into the ground with a serious lack of energy. Your advice sucks. I advice you OP to work out your TDEE and eat 20% under it and stop starving yourself, even if 'you feel stuffed'. You will regret eating at such a deficit eventually when you can't lose anymore or go back to eating a normal amount of cals and bang any weight you've lost right back on.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Being that you're very close to a healthy weight, and do not have a lot to lose, aiming to lose 1 lb a week may be a bit too aggressive. Your body just can't lose fat as quickly as someone who is very obese. I am shorter than you, and eat between 1500-1850 calories a day, and lose. It looks like you're getting plenty of protein, which is good, but you will probably do better if you try to reach at least 1200, a little more consistently, and ideally more.

If you're not feeling hungry (which is not uncommon for people who are undereating) then you can get extra calories by eating more calorie-dense foods like nuts, nut butters, seeds, eggs, cheese, avocados, healthy oils in salads and cooking, and full-fat dairy. Not getting hunger signals does not necessarily mean your body doesn't need more food.

Oh, and eating at night is fine, by the way. And try to accept that this is going to take some time. Patience is key.
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Oh seriously?! Eating under 1200 is not 'doing great' unless your trying to cultivate an eating disorder or grind yourself into the ground with a serious lack of energy. Your advice sucks. I advice you OP to work out your TDEE and eat 20% under it and stop starving yourself, even if 'you feel stuffed'. You will regret eating at such a deficit eventually when you can't lose anymore or go back to eating a normal amount of cals and bang any weight you've lost right back on.

My TDEE is 1500... so, to loose weight Ineed to eat under that. Perhaps the OP is in a similar situation.

Further I (like others) am unable to exercise to increase my energy expenditure.... so the only way for me to loose weight is to cut cals. 1200 is NOT too low in my situation and probably is not in the OP's situation either.

Indeed I loose weight at about 1\2 lb a week on 1200 cals... hardly an eating disorder!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

My TDEE is 1500... so, to loose weight Ineed to eat under that. Perhaps the OP is in a similar situation.

Further I (like others) am unable to exercise to increase my energy expenditure.... so the only way for me to loose weight is to cut cals. 1200 is NOT too low in my situation and probably is not in the OP's situation either.

Indeed I loose weight at about 1\2 lb a week on 1200 cals... hardly an eating disorder!

No skin off my nose, you want to live on starvation rations crack on lol. You 'loose' as much weight as you like, no doubt i'll still be here when you come back to 'loose' the weight you have piled back on again due to messing up your metabolism by eating so low for so long. I am NOT getting into a 1200 and under debate with a group of hungry cranky women, i'm not mad!! But I off to bed. Eat as little as you like, it's your body. Enjoy!
  • Dodgers33089
    Options
    jesz124 is right. But if they want to deprive themselves, whatever. They'll be back again venting frustration on not being able to keep the weight off once they inevitably start eating more than a measly 1200--which is very easy to do
  • becnaffine
    Options
    I agree that eating 1200 and under is not good. Try and up your calories just a little so you are on the other side of 1200. Your metabolism will work a lot more efficiently. If you're filling up on fruit and vegies maybe try swapping some for a bit of meat or dairy if possible?
    I have been eating 1200-1400 (with exercise) and my weight loss has been SLOW. I stay at the exact same weight all week then will drop .5kg and it continues like this. Although I've only been dieting for about 4 weeks :)
    Good luck
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

Are you sure your TDEE is 1500? That's awfully low.
  • SlimGrannyXXX
    Options
    You really should only weigh yourself once a week :flowerforyou:
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I'm your height and weigh 141lb, I have about 11lb I want to lose. at 1200 calories I don't loose weight, it might come off a bit at the start but after a few weeks it just doesn't come off at all! But if I change my goal so I'm losing 1/2lb per week I get another 300 or so calories and on that I can lose 1/2lb or more every week.

I know how it feels to be full at the end of the day and have calories left over, I can really struggle to get mine up. But a spoonful of peanut butter or a protein shake go a long way!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You really should only weigh yourself once a week :flowerforyou:

Why?

I weigh myself every day. It helps me stay on track. When I stop weighing myself daily, I start to gain weight. It works for me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Let me point out three things:
    You have 15 pounds to lose
    It's only been 4 days
    You are eating 1200 calories(or less)

Each of those affects weight loss differently.

Since you don't have a lot to lose, it's going to come off very very slowly.. So I would suggest half a pound a week loss or less.
    It also takes a full month before you see any changes in any diet plan... so give it time.
    You prob. need to eat more since you don't have a lot to lose... and exercise will help with that calorie deficit by allowing you to eat more but still stay under calorie goal.