Compression Tights

Options
I'm curious for most of you runners, if you prefer to run in compression tights, or use them for recovery after running?

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    bump?
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't run but I do love wearing compression shorts under my bathing suit. Nowadays, bathing suits really don't protect you from the elements so it does add an element of protection.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing compression tights lately on my long Sunday runs. It may be the placebo effect (or just improving fitness) but I do find that my legs feel less fatigued.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wear them only when I'm having some type of pain--I've had some ankle/shin problems in the past. So if it starts aching, I'll wear them on my next couple of runs, then go without. Except during winter I'll wear them al the time for added warmth :)
  • dogg76
    dogg76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wear them during my mud runs, but as far as during a regular run, i just wear shorts
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I wear them when it's cold but mostly just because they fit nicely and are reasonably warm. I don't like anything loose or flapping when I run. I have 2 pair that both have reflective tape in the seams to help with not getting run over.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I had to use them for the first few months that I began working out. I had a blood clot from flying on a plane. So I had to wear them everyday for 2 years working out or not. I liked them a lot when I worked out, but I stopped using them and am not finding too much difference. I do wear compression capris style workout pants- keeps everything from jiggling.

I stopped using the stockings because they were hard to get on and off. Because sometimes they would twist a touch at the toes and give me blisters. And because my two years of treatment was up and I did not have to wear them anymore.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I wear full Skins tights for long runs, 15k+, seems to lessen muscle fatigue. Shorter runs I'll just wear compression shorts under regular shorts.
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear the compression sleeves after long runs. I don't run in them though. Mine are Zensah brand.
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    During long runs (like over a couple of hours), I might wear compression capris if it isn't too hot and then afterward I will normally wear at least calf sleeves and sometimes very high compression capris for recovery. And when I say high compression, I mean really high compression (i use the Zoot compress RX). I am convinced these allowed me to train at the load I did earlier this year. Well, that, ice baths, and being diligent about recovery meals :-) I do think they make a difference for recovery. Not so sure about during a long run (which is when I would wear them), but I figure it doesn't hurt.