I am back

Options
Ok, this is my first post ever (not just here, but on any website). Although I have been part of myfitnesspal since a while I have not been consistent, I admit it!

I am more motivated than ever now b/c my weight has gone up again. This time however I am decided to do two things differently:

1) don't call it a diet, and set reachable goals.
2) post often. I used to keep my settings very private because scared of ppl judgement, but I need motivation from ppl who are doing this seriously. I need support.

I am a little discouraged b/c I did loose 12 pounds in roughly 7 months, with proper eating and exercising, but I regained them all in the following year. I thought that if I lose the weight in an healthy way I could keep the weight off, but that did not happen. That's why I need a life style change and not a diet.

I have not used myfitnesspal to its full potential yet, so any suggestion/motivation/friendship is welcomed!

Thank you...

Replies

• mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends, go ahead and add me if you'd like!
  • Mdonnelly62
    Mdonnelly62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just keep working and moving forward - :) - Today is a new day to work toward your goals - I too need a lot of suport and encouragements - DON:T try for perfection . . . do your best - the sunrise gives a new day - . . . - 1 pound at a ime - :) - Work toward life changes / choices :) 0

Thanks for sharing - YOU are not alone -

Margaret Donnelly
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support! Today I managed to eat within my calories and exercise. The evenings are the most difficult times for me, because that's when my craving starts. Is it common?

I have heard that a good way to overcome the craving is to think carefully how one feels in that moment. The feeling may be associated with some specific kind of food. I am not sure how I feel right now, maybe just bored. I am going to clean my house instead of eating. Let's see if this helps.... then I'll take a warm bath as reward.

Has anyone tried the above exercise yet? Does it really work? To associate feelings with food....

Thx