Donut

Options
aslavich
aslavich Posts: 250 Member
So, my supervisor brings donuts every Thursday...

Today I decided to eat my oatmeal about 30 minutes before his arrival so that I could forego the donut... this is a success for me as I am so used to grabbing one when they are in front of me and finishing it in about 3 bites... no kidding!

I hope everyone has a great DONUT-FREE day!!!
Angela

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    HAHA! This is really a big accomplishment. Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Good job! Donuts are my downfall. :( For real. We have a Dunkin Donuts in our work parking lot so every couple weeks, somebody brings donuts in. I tell myself I can have one and include it in my calorie intake. On a good day, I end up eating one. On a bad day, I end up eating four. NO MORE DONUTS!!!!!!!
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    good job, don't you hate when your hungry and something yummy and convenient and BAD for you just magically appears. POOF
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Donuts are the devil!!!! :devil:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    The newest issue of Family Circle has healthier donut recipes- around 200 calories per donut. Check it out (or the recipes might even be on their website) if you're interested! :flowerforyou:
  • Dburroughs
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm donuts!!!!!!!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Good for you - that is great will power. I agree with the last post "Donuts are the Devil".....lol
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had a donut this morning. Well maybe a quarter of one. I shared with my son. Been months since I had one. They just aren't as good as I remembered. SO that means I won't be needing one again for a long time :-)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I can never say No to one of those things so it's good that I don't work at the physical therapy clinic anymore where patients would bring them to thank us for treating them.
  • pumpkinbran
    Options
    I hope I'm replying to wstjohn. I'm changing the subject, though I dearly love donuts. I just wanted to say I really appreciate your two goals. It's food for thought. When I began MFP, I guess I assumed I would eventually be able to fit into my favorite dresses again that have been hanging in the closet for the last umpteen years and several kids ago. Perhaps I need to rethink my goal weight as I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of my life living in a gym five hours a day just to maintain a certain weight. It would be much easier to maintain a realistic weight and have a life than allow the goal weight to run my life. At 52, I want to enjoy my kids as they finish growing up and the grandchildren I may have in the next year or so. So, although I may never get back to what I weighed in my late 20's and 30's, perhaps I can find a goal weight that I can live with and still have a life. HMMM, this is definately food for thought. Thanks

(SW-190; CW-173)
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm replying to wstjohn. I'm changing the subject, though I dearly love donuts. I just wanted to say I really appreciate your two goals.

I really appreciate it. We are all so different, and have to realize that what is perfect for one person, is not for another! Keep striving towards your goals, but don't be afraid to alter them along the way. :-) No one knows your body better than you!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm maple bars.

Donut free! Donut free!

However, I broke down and ate the rest of a DQ butterscotch sunday last night that was in my freezer. I was within my cal limit, but still. Evil evil icecream. You are my nemesis.
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! I am not sure I have EVER been able to say "No" to a donut! EVER! I hope on day I will be able to post the same thing! :happy: Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone! I avoided them ALL day!!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have declined them twice this week already. Monaday's service meeting is full of donuts and kolaches. Lots left over so they try to give out boxes and who do you think they try to give them to? ME! Stoooopid people... I politely declined, tipped my head, and walked on, constanty thinking about that six pack I want. Today was the other day. Done the same thing.
    Donuts make up the wheels on the devil's hot rod.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ARG. So my coworker INSISTED on donut Friday again since we've done it for years. I really don't like glazed donuts so I can sometimes resist. Today, someone brought in the most FANTASTIC looking muffins. I've got a chest cold (and asthma) so its not like I can eat it and burn it off with cardio. *sigh*
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! I am not sure I have EVER been able to say "No" to a donut! EVER! I hope on day I will be able to post the same thing! :happy: Congrats on your accomplishment!

Yes, this is me too!!!

Great Job!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Donuts are a regular thing at my work.... I'm not caving today!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    We do Donut Thursdays in my group at work as well. And I had to bring them in this week too so they sat on my desk all day! My compromise was to get the egg white and turkey flatbread (280 calories and fairly healthy and filling) and let my coworkers fatten up on donuts... heheh. Altho by 2pm I caved and had a chocolate creme filled one. I had to balance it out by not snacking and skipping my daily cup of tea, and dessert was a cheese stick... but it was worth it! LOL Today I'll be upping the level on the elliptical at the gym to burn a few extra donut calories :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!