A Tale of Three Kevins: A Dating Story (off topic)

Options
OMG! Okay...so...as some of you know I decided to dip a toe into the match.com pool, despite my trepidation at the murkiness of the water (also, not *quite* ready for bathing suit season but what the heck).

Now I've gotten myself into a ridiculous situation that rivals old Three's Company episodes in its potential for disastrous misunderstandings and coincidences! I had two dates with two different Kevins, and now a THIRD Kevin has joined the mix! They're multiplying like gremlins that have been fed after midnight! Wow, I am totally dating myself in this email, but other children of the 70's will understand.

So far I've avoided disaster because I've only gone out with one, so his message was "it was great to meet you etc." but I can't tell the messages from the other Kevins apart. It wouldn't really matter except that there is one in particular whom I'm kind of lukewarm about (I call him Decaf Kevin) and the other one has all the bells and whistles (Cappucino Kevin).

I'd also like to add, to any of you who are married or in serious relationships, please take a moment to ENJOY it. It's rough out here!!!!!

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    OMG! Okay...so...as some of you know I decided to dip a toe into the match.com pool, despite my trepidation at the murkiness of the water (also, not *quite* ready for bathing suit season but what the heck).

Now I've gotten myself into a ridiculous situation that rivals old Three's Company episodes in its potential for disastrous misunderstandings and coincidences! I had two dates with two different Kevins, and now a THIRD Kevin has joined the mix! They're multiplying like gremlins that have been fed after midnight! Wow, I am totally dating myself in this email, but other children of the 70's will understand.

So far I've avoided disaster because I've only gone out with one, so his message was "it was great to meet you etc." but I can't tell the messages from the other Kevins apart. It wouldn't really matter except that there is one in particular whom I'm kind of lukewarm about (I call him Decaf Kevin) and the other one has all the bells and whistles (Cappucino Kevin).

I'd also like to add, to any of you who are married or in serious relationships, please take a moment to ENJOY it. It's rough out here!!!!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    ok this confirms that I'm happy just the way I am.. single and not interested in dating :laugh:

Good luck to you though!
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    EEEEESSH! That's K....k....k....KRAZY!

I'd wait til Capucinno..Kev....responds again?....and maybe by that time the lukewarm Kev....will be "cold" and gone?

Holy SMOKES girl! What a predicament! (BARF!) Keep us posted....this is gonna be the best AS MFP CHURNS episode yet.....

*but honestly...I wish you the best with the Hot Java capucinno...Kev!:tongue:

AND YES! Won't get in any trouble with da names huh?:noway:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    At least you don't have to remember a bunch of different names. No matter what, you won't call someone the wrong name. :bigsmile:

That's a plus.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a "pickle" you have gotten yourself into huh? LOL!

The Three's Company and Gremlins references made me laugh. I can totally see Jack Tripper having a problem like that!

I'm not sure what to tell you! Hopefully as you get to know Cappucino Kevin will start to really stand out more and more and end up as Cappucino Kevin with an extra shot of espresso and you won't have to try and guess which one is his because he stands out that much!!!

Best of luck though!!! I know it has to be a tough dating world out there!

-Tami

By the way, I was just looking at your photos....and you should have NO problem finding a hunk!! You are hot girl!! Love the pic in the straw hat. GRRRRRR! :wink:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    At least you don't have to remember a bunch of different names. No matter what, you won't call someone the wrong name. :bigsmile:

That's a plus.

I love that...I never even thought of that!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Wow! What a "pickle" you have gotten yourself into huh? LOL!

The Three's Company and Gremlins references made me laugh. I can totally see Jack Tripper having a problem like that!

I'm not sure what to tell you! Hopefully as you get to know Cappucino Kevin will start to really stand out more and more and end up as Cappucino Kevin with an extra shot of espresso and you won't have to try and guess which one is his because he stands out that much!!!

Best of luck though!!! I know it has to be a tough dating world out there!

-Tami

By the way, I was just looking at your photos....and you should have NO problem finding a hunk!! You are hot girl!! Love the pic in the straw hat. GRRRRRR! :wink:

Thank you SO much!!!! My job kind of makes it tough for me to meet people because I'm never at home and I thought match might be a good way to take those opening steps. Not so interested in the bars any more...
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Thank you I'm not the only one. I love have you have code names for them. No one knows anyone I've ever dated by name, they're always, gym guy, out of town guy, tattoo guy, back hair guy etc.
    It is such a tough world. I don't wish it on anyone. I was seeing a few guys and felt the love. Now I have zero. So much work, so much drama.
    I send you all my best in your search. I'm not holding my breath for me. lol!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Thank you I'm not the only one. I love have you have code names for them. No one knows anyone I've ever dated by name, they're always, gym guy, out of town guy, tattoo guy, back hair guy etc.

I think I qualify for all of those.....:huh:
  • cami_clone
    cami_clone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL :laugh:

Reminds me of when I was doing the Match.com thing as well and met a couple of Scott's.
    Turned out one was a yawn Scott and the other a yummy Scott.
    Needless to say, yummy Scott won over my heart, and we have now been married 5 years with an adorable almost-one year old added in. We could almost be in one of their commercials! lol :drinker:

Online dating was definitely something to try when I didn't want to do the bar scene anymore and found it difficult to meet guys. Just remember to have fun, but always remember to stay safe as well!
  • wanderinglight
    Options

LOLOLOL!

And Bethanie...back hair guy...did you find that out on the first date lolol?

Cami -- you are an inspiration!!!! So it actually works from time to time? I love it.

I will find you, Cappucino Kevin!!!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    (I call him Decaf Kevin) and the other one has all the bells and whistles (Cappucino Kevin).

I have soooooooo been waiting for this update :laugh: :laugh: Cappucino Kevin :laugh: :laugh:

I do understand. I enjoy my husband's friendship and wouldn't want to be back in the dating scene for ANYTHING in the world.....

and yes :grumble: i remember about feeding those adorable little gremlins after midnight
  • travelbug
    Options

I thought you seemed familiar. lol!
  • travelbug
    Options

LOLOLOL!

And Bethanie...back hair guy...did you find that out on the first date lolol?

Not the first date but it could have saved me time. Can I tell you that he broke up with me? Yup, I decided to let the weird things slide by and be open minded and yes! Nice girls finish last. Don't get me started!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I hear so much about this online dating. :tongue: Be careful by taking your time getting to know them the best you can and perhaps in public dating for awhile. I hope you find the perfect match. :heart: Maybe we will see you on one of those commercials showing the two of yous hugging and gazing in each others eyes:heart: Question? Are they all about the same age, do they have good jobs, been married before and children? Lots to know:happy: Like a back ground check.....prison time? Sorry I would really check them out.

You are a producer of Discovery Channel? What a great job you have, do you get to travel a lot? I love the Discovery Channel. Good going girl:drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lmbo!!! oh thanks for the laughs!!!

I hope cappa-kevin gets back to you....dating is scary, but also lots of fun...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and BE SAFE!!!! hugs and good luck!

now I want more coffee....hmmm wonder why LOL!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Oh my gosh I couldn't even imagine!! I have been married for 10 years ( at 19yrs old) so I can't even wrap my brain around the whole dating deal and what you are going through!! Good luck and have fun ( LOL @ Gremlins post!)
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Gooooo Cappa Kevin!
    Ummm....
    You are going to have to start referencing your dates and hope that they reference them too so you know who's who!
    Decaf Kevin sounds boring!:yawn:
    If all else fails, I'm sure there are a couple of guys on this site up for the takin'!:laugh: :laugh:
    you know who you are!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I'm with Ali, my morning cup of coffee has a whole new twist now!!!

Just to let you know, I met my husband online, his dad met his 3rd wife online and his mom met her new husband online. Soooooooooooo, it does work!!

The reason I liked it was because I too was tired of the bar scene and feeling like it was so hard to get to know a guy well enough to want to date him. The online thing works well because you can exchange emails and then take it to the phone and then meet in person. It's nice because by the time you finally meet them in person, you feel like you know them.

Just stay far far away from back hair guy!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

ONE??