Do i log my food in today or yesterday?

Options
I'm ravenous and im gonna make a low cal snack. i have some cals left over from today but its now nearly 3am [i dont need a lecture about eating late, i have terrible insomnia and im battling one thing at a time. i want to get used to eating less before i start shifting when i eat.]

because ive not slept yet should i add it to my calories for saturday? seems a bit odd to log in the cals for sunday now when ive not slept.

Replies

• becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It probably doesn't matter, either way. But I would go with the clock and log it for today.
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, just wondered what someone else would do. if it doesnt matter then i suppose it'll be ok ^_^
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I log by sleep cycle not by what the clock says. Just my opinion
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I've just been to McDonald's lol so logged it on today's (11th nov) now its past 12am x
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

My too, I go to bed after midnight almost always, but still log the early morning food as being "yesterday"

As long as you have a consistent rule its ok. Shifting calories from one day to another to cover overeating is probably not a great idea.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Yeup! Log it for Sunday. What the clock says, because the 24 hour Saturday is over.

Sidenote: Don't stress and feel the need to skip meals or eat a lot smaller tomorrow because of this. Sometimes when I log overeating into the day ahead, it makes me get off of track. Whatever works for you~
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    if its after midnight, i log it for that day. i work overnights so i have to deal with this a lot! lol i eat any time, day or night and ive still been losing weight. your calorie goal is for a 24 hour period.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

Yep - ^ ^ ^ this.

I sometimes have bouts of insomnia too (getting old is NOT for sissies!) and I've found that grabbing something to munch on is calming. It used to be heavy carbs, but now that I'm eating better it tends to some fruit and a little protein.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I log from when i wake up until when i go to bed. That mean if it's a work day and I am awake from 8:00 am to 4:00 am, it's a long day. The next will likely be a lot shorter. It is what made sense for me.