couch to 10k

Options
i managed to volunteer myself to run a 10k for st patricks day...i have never run in my life! i was told "couch to 10k" is a good app to use...has anyone used this and what do you think of it?

Replies

• beccamorty
    beccamorty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started my second week with it - so I can't totally comment yet... I'm not in the 'overweight' category but I am extremely out of shape (as in, I've never played a sport or exercised in my life) and on week two I can definitely feel a difference in my endurance, so I'm very optimistic that by the end of it I will be able to run 10k :)
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is a really great app. I started with C25K in June and finished in August. I then stayed around a 5k for awhile and then started trying to work toward a 10K. I did the second to last C210K workout yesterday, and hopefully will finish tomorrow. I'm still sort of amazed about it, because I've always been a big couch potato; the kind of person who avoided exercise at all costs. Now I'm running 15 or 20 miles a week, and actually enjoying it. I do still have trouble with the idea of running for a full hour straight, though. Walking for one minute in the middle seems to help with my morale.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i feel much better about it...i have never been a runner..but i dont go back on my promises...so i have to make this work...tell me more success stories!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I also did the C25K first and after I graduated that program am presently working on my Bridge 210K (Bluefin), which is the similar to the C210K today will be my W1D2 - I'm loving it!
  • mebenton
    mebenton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did C210K and loved it! It's a great way to get into running.