Looking for support and motivation

Options
Hey all! My name is Marie and I've recently started yet another weight loss journey. Ive always been bigger than most of my friends and my husband and I am tired of it! Two years ago I lost about 35 pounds for my wedding and I looked great, but afterwards I stopped working out and gained all of it back plus 10 more pounds! I got up to 227 pounds (On a 5'6 frame) and realized that I hate the way I look and its time for some serious change. I've finally got back into the gym, started eating healthier, and lost 6 pounds but I could use some motivation and support to lose the last 49 pounds. If anyone is willing to help support and motivate me, I'll definitely do the same for you:)

Replies

• mancheethebanshee
    mancheethebanshee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing that first 6 lbs!! :) It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start.
  • Trickybird
    Trickybird Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is such a journey. I too have just started back on it and am looking for support and accountability! I have been on this site for quite awhile off and on but have never done the message board thing. Now seems like the time to start.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweaks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!
  • Trickybird
    Trickybird Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ^ so inspiring!! Thanks I needed that too.
  • Mlp082
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your support.
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have done a great job so far! Anyone here can feel free to add me :smile:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey Marie and welcome back aboard the health train. Always happy to help over here. Actually tonight I just launched my Facebook page so you check that out if you want too. https://www.facebook.com/MotivatorMandy
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey Marie, feel free to add me, hoping we can motivate each other!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I started here at 232.8 pounds...and I'm 5'5"

You can do it...and this site is so helpful!! Good luck

Feel free to add me if you would like : )
  • kalimay2
    kalimay2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie, Feel free to add me (that goes for anyone). I post every day and have an open diary.
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Just sent you a request!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting to this thread!
  • kris10stew
    kris10stew Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's been so helpful to me.
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I started at 259 and i have lost 17lbs so far!
  • 241wtloss
    Options
    I've just started, feel free to add me, you are doing great Marie.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Marie,

I just joined MFP so I'd love to be your friend. I'm pretty knowledgeable both at losing weight and of failing to keep it off - a situation I plan to correct this time around! Maybe we can help each other!

I like what Apazman said... it's easier to lift weights than carry the burden of weight around. I've lost 16 pounds so far, so the other day at the gym I picked up a 15-pound dumbbell and just walked around with it. I could feel the weight on my knees and just felt weighed-down. This is what I was doing every day. Sheesh.

Then I picked up a 40 pound dumbbell. This is the total extra weight I've been carrying. Holding that weight, I could barely move. It makes me think about how great I'll feel when all that extra weight is gone. I can't wait!
  • DoinItForMe32
    Options
    We are all one in the same :-) anyone feel free to add me :-)