Ephedrine?

Options
Ok I already know this isn't going to make me popular, but has anyone had any experience of taking ephedrine or an EC stack?

I'm hoping to start tomorrow and am wondering what I should expect? I've read a lot on the web but would be great if I could get some "real" accounts. :smile:

Replies

• Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have used ephedrine and I believe that as long as you are safe and don't abuse it, its fine. I felt it gave me extra energy for workouts. Just be safe and smart with it, and its fine, in my opinion.
    People pop 12 at a time and get sick or die and give it a bad name. Pop 12 tylenols at once and you'd get sick or die too!
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hey yea ive used both. the EC stack is great. gives an awesome buzz before a workout and within a week or so i really noticed how lean i got. i would only recommend using it for a couple of weeks or so as 1. you will adjust to the caffiene and it wont have as much of an effect and 2. its not the healthiest way of doing things

just be careful make sure you stick to the proper doseages

im not here to tell you not to do anything just giving you advice from my personal point of view. but you will love the effects :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ok I already know this isn't going to make me popular, but has anyone had any experience of taking ephedrine or an EC stack?

I'm hoping to start tomorrow and am wondering what I should expect? I've read a lot on the web but would be great if I could get some "real" accounts. :smile:

I love it. I especially miss ma huang which is impossible to find anymore.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I echo the above, it's fine if you don't abuse it. Though I would recommend starting small and easing your way up at first. I started out with 2x24mg doses of eph a day and it left me sweating a lot and my heart rate through the roof, was a bit scary. If you're planning on doing a 24mg dose I'd do 8 the first week and 16 the second before going to the full dosage.
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing 2 tabs (they're 8mg each) eph and 1 caffeine once a day for a week.

Take a week off see how I feel then it all's well try 2 tabs eph and 1 caffeine twice daily for 2 weeks then come off again for a week. Does that sound OK for a first timer?

Also do you guys find it helps with appetite suppression at all? I'm worried I'm expecting too much from it!
  • lewist90
    Options
    yea its easy to get a hype abput the stuff so its best to not expect much and just see what happens. as for your doseages they sound great. what doseage are your caffiene pills?
  • maria_elaina
    Options
    Only 50mg...I think the standard amount is about 100-200 but I didn't want to start off with too much. Do you think I should have more?
  • lewist90
    Options
    i have 200mg tablets and have taken 2 at a time before. so yea you can afford to go slightly higher but start low and see how you feel, the body quickly addapts to the caffiene so you will eventually need more to achieve the same 'buzz' as tyou did from the begining. just dont be scared :)
  • maria_elaina
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I'll just see how it goes! :smile:
  • brideson85
    Options
    Ephedrine was the only thing that really helped me in the past get that extra edge, But I am talking like 2001, isn't it illegal in the US? Did they change it back, if so where can I locate the best kind? Because I don't think GNC sells it lol. Un there is an appetite suppressant I use from GNC it was like $18 and it works incredible. I contains no caffeine so you can still do what is planned for that. PM me and I will get back to you tomorrow as its in a backpack in my car and I do not want to wake my baby going in and out right now.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Or a low cal energy drink? They have b vitamins too.
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine is BAD! 12 years ago I was taking this stuff. For the past 10 years I now have heart pal . For the rest of my life. If you want your heart to " pause" go ahead . I wouldn't recommend this **** at all! You don't know what it feels like it sucked now I'm on bata blocker for the rest of my life.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i take ephedrine tabs here and there when running on absolutely no sleep ( i work a night shift ). i hate the thought that i pop one of them in to keep me awake during the shift, but it gives me a breather from coffee. we also ordered ours from canada too. but they do help me for the most part. like i said i do not take one every day, just if i am running on no sleep. good luck
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    headaches, blurry vision. racing heart!! I did like them, but the side effects got to be too much
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The staff of MyFitnessPal is actively reviewing our stance on topics that recommend or promote dieting methods that run counter to or mean to circumvent legal statutes.

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.