60 pounds gone FOREVER!

Options
I can't figure out how to post pictures on here, so I'm just going to paste a link and hope that works.

My heaviest was 320 pounds, currently I am at 260 and I am freaking proud of that number! I have been overweight pretty much my entire life and have tried everything you can think of to lose weight. Finally I have a healthy relationship with food (yes I have days where I want to destroy a whole pizza and bag of Hershey's with almonds). My husband has been my biggest supporter in all of this.

Let's go back a few years. One of the moments in my life that was the most embarrassing was when I couldn't fit on a roller coaster (And I wasn't at my biggest). I was mortified. After that you would have thought I would kick things into high gear and lose the weight, nope! Not me. I just ate my pain away and continued to get bigger. I still thought I was doing good because I "worked out". Yeah, well you can't out train a bad diet. The years went on and I got bigger. Friends would want to go to amusement parks and I would use the excuse that I hated them and didn't like waiting in long lines for a 30 second ride. I had an excuse for everything.

So since the roller coaster experience wasn't enough to motivate me, another horrible thing happened. On a flight to Chicago for my dad's retirement I could hardly fit on the plane! I refused to ask for a set belt extender and instead was lucky enough to hide my unbuckled seat belt under my shirt the whole flight. By the time I landed in Chicago I has lost all feeling in my right leg because the arm rest had dug into my hip. When it came time to go home back to Texas, I was lucky enough to have my aunt and uncle who drove from Texas to Chicago willing to drive me back. I opted for a 16 hour drive instead of a flight for a few hours because I was scared of not fitting on the plane.

In 2010, I got too big for my Sheriff's uniforms and was tortured everyday for 8 hours wearing pants that were too small. I had to take frequent breaks to the bathroom to let my fat breathe. It sucked!

The breaking point: March 2011 (Again, couldn't fit in a plane) I got married to the most amazing man ever! He loved me at my biggest and still wanted to marry me. We eloped and the dress I wore that day was so tight I could hardly breathe. We lived apart for the first 5 months of our marriage and during that time I got up to the 320 pounds that I was. I couldn't believe he still loved me.

I decided in September 2011 that enough was enough and started using MFP. I quit my job in Texas to move to California to be with my husband and didn't have a job, so I made the gym and focusing on my nutrition my job. It was hard at first. I had more slip up's than I care to mention (I am a food addict). I would feel an ache in my body and used that as an excuse not to workout. I was the queen of excuses. I really started to get serious with everything in June 2012. Every single step of the way my husband has been there to cheer me on and hold me accountable. The dress I wore for our wedding last year no longer fits! I went from a size 26 pants to a size 22 with extra room (I'm in between sizes right now). The best thing... I FEEL AWESOME! People who haven't seen me in a while are shocked at how much weight I have lost and they always ask me "What's your secret?" When I tell them healthy eating and exercise they get a deer in the headlight look, as if waiting for me to tell them about some miracle shake or pill I've been using. I love it! :)

I still have a long ways to go. Right now my goal is to get down to 180 pounds, depending on how I look there we'll see if I want to go lower. To be honest, I love curves. I can appreciate a woman who has muscle and looks like she can kick major *kitten*, but for me I'm thinking of a softer look. But then again who knows! :)

http://s1204.beta.photobucket.com/user/maryannmiclat/media/60poundsgone-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    60poundsgone-1.jpg

Hope this works for you. Also, awesome change!
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very Inspiring!
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your honesty and openness! I'm really happy for you and your accomplishments. Keep going and getting healthier. Curves are really pretty, you know? :-)

Evelyn
  • dev5254
    dev5254 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job and good journey to whatever your happy weight is for you! :smile:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you are beautiful!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your journey with us.
  • MsBookandTea
    MsBookandTea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! :drinker:
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    wow, congratulations!!! you look like a whole different person and so much happier now :)
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you shared your story. Just reading it have motivated me to just keep going. I was to the point where I honestly wanted to stop, because I feel like I am not going no where...
    You are beautiful, keep up the amazing work!! *congrats*

Thank you so much for sharing!
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing an amazing job! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your hard work is paying off.:drinker:
  • raintoad
    Options
    Great Job! Having the support and wanting to feel better is great. Keep up the great work. You can do it! You have inspired me to keep on exercising. Thanks!
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much!

I must copy and paste to add to my original post. :) Well never mind, I can't go back and edit it. Oh well.

Hope this works for you. Also, awesome change!
    [/quote]
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words everyone! Posting this also helps me to stay motivated.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    HuRRaH for you! Keep on keepin on :)
  • nursemindisue
    Options
    Great story and congrats you look great! Keep it up :) I had a few similar experiences as you and have set my major goal for next summer: go ride some roller coasters!! It amazes me how surprised people are when they ask what I am doing to lose weight. I eat right and exercise...not special miracle pill, not special diet. Calories in and calories out...that simple. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out! Thanks for sharing your story :)
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    awesome, congrats so far!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!