Illness

Options
I have a sore throat, and have decided to calm the exercise down, until it is better.
Any thoughts?

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing a great thing for your body. Just eat clean, keep up on your hydration and listen to what your body is telling you! Hope you're better soon!
  • celia4321
    Options
    Thank you , feel reassured
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    If you its a "burning" sore throat, and you have a fever, you might want to make sure you don't have strep.

Strep is a tricky thing, if you don't treat it, you have a small chance of ending up with scarlet fever, after thinking you're better. Not something you want. Better safe than sorry.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I read one time if it's in your face, cold or sinus, working out could help clean things out. If it's chin down you should rest til it heals! Like the other poster said, hydrate, rest, eat clean, and when you're feeling better get back at it! :flowerforyou: Hope you feel better!
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I've had friends who firmly believe in "sweating out the toxins". That's fine if you can do it. I firmly believe in sitting on the couch with soft tissues, warm blankets, and comfort foods. I love using a netti pot when my sinuses aren't fully clogged.
    Do what's best for you. Feel better! Lots of fluids! :drinker:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I had a sore throat several weeks ago. Then I went on a ten mile run.

Then I found out I had Mono and I ended up in the hospital because the infection was so severe. The Doctor's said it would not have gotten so bad if I had slowed down and listened to my body.

So yes I'd say it's a sign you're getting sick and you should take it easy!