Is it just me or does time slow down when dieting?

Options
Time always flies when you are careless with your health, nutrition, and fitness. Before you know it, you have gained "insert ridiculous number here" of pounds, at an age you dont really want to be reminded of, and you look back and wonder how it got out of hand, how you let yourself go, etc.

Then you start doing it right, you feel great. And just days into it, you wonder why time is going by so slow......

:laugh:

I want to be healthy already!

Replies

• chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I used to feel this way a lot. 10 minutes into a work out, I'd feel like it had been 3 hours. 563 calories into a cake, I'd feel like it was only 12. But now I live for working out, I feel like crap when I don't. I even get bummed out when I see my house at the end of my run. I just got to a point in my weigh loss where I can see what I've been doing all of this for, so it's very empowering. You'll get there, it just takes practice :wink:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Oh I understand all too well! :drinker:
  • davisphotog
    davisphotog Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh you hit one on the head there! That could turn into a whole other post! Having to tell the family "No" or "not now" so you can take the time you need to prepare meals, exercise, etc. I'm so glad I am not the only one! My hubby and I went bike riding without the kids to accomplish two purposes: Spend time together 2. Exercise! haha!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    so true!

thursday's R.I.P.P.E.D class was so hard it felt like the hour must be almost up, looked at the clock and we were only about 10 mins in.

I've been dieting for about 5 months. feels like the better part of a year though!
  • davisphotog
    davisphotog Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    lol!
    Love this!
    It sure does!

it take me at least three hours a day dealing with dieting and working out alone!
    From going to the gym and then preparing all my breakfast, lunch and snacks for a long work day!

Then I feel guilty because it cuts into my son's time! My dogs get less walking because of it as well!
    I wish I had more time and less guilt

So yes I feel you! LOL

Oh you hit one on the head there! That could turn into a whole other post! Having to tell the family "No" or "not now" so you can take the time you need to prepare meals, exercise, etc. I'm so glad I am not the only one! My hubby and I went bike riding without the kids to accomplish two purposes: Spend time together 2. Exercise! haha!