Okay, Greek yogurt lovers - what's the catch?!

123457»

Replies

• RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    A couple of days ago I tried the Danone Oikos Blackberry greek yogurt and I was impressed at how DELICIOUS it was! Especially because I don't particularly like the fruit in it's natural state.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    I don't have a Dannon label to check, but I don't think it has the same types of cultures in it as the chobani does - so if that is important to you you should consider that as well. Personally I love the Dannon black cherry and just about any of the chobani flavors - I wouldn't eat plain yogurt by itself.
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    If sugar is not a huge concern, the Liberte 2% lemon flavour is the very yummiest out there (imho), closely followed by the Oikos 2% honey flavour.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    You have to read the label...I look for low sugar, low carbs...Greek Gods is my fave, I don't do low fat, and I love the one with honey but I buy the plain and add my own honey to make it less sweet. Its so thick and creamy, I love it.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Greek yogurt is higher in protein and lower in fat, just all around better for you. I do not EVER buy the fruit filled ones-although they taste amazing-there is a LOT of added sugar in it so instead I just buy the plain (usually Oikos) greek yogurt and add my own fruit, or sometimes a little agave nectar.

ALSO- I add Sriracha to it and it tastes like an aioli-I use it as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip for veggies. It is DELICIOUS and healthy! Even adding some herbs to it makes it taste like ranch dressing as well. It is a good alternative to cream or mayo.

OMG...I LOVE you! I've never even thought about this before!! I mean, I use the plain as a sour cream swap....but this is just awesome! Thank you!

I am glad I could help!! :)
  • Fage 0% with added coffee and tad of sweetner is the bomb. :D
  • Have you tried Skyr - its lower in fat (0.2%) and higher in protein than greek and I can't get enough of it. It has a different taste which I like better than plain greek yoghurt. Might be worth a try to see what you think