I'm completely down.. need motivation and stay calm

Options
Hi There!.
I was thinking if I should at all write about my problems here, but then if not here then where shall I get the motivation from.
My marriage is just going to an end. It's been 12 months of a fight for my husband who I love from all my heart, but he changed (following his affair from last year) and I can't get him to understand how much pain he caused. Recently I became paranoid (as it's the time of a year where he had the affair) and started to check on him etc. This got him crazy and he does not want to try any more. He wants divorce etc. I know that I can't ask him to stay and try again since he probably needs to figure out what he needs/wants in his life. Ah! it's so hard to pretend to agree with his decision.

Since yesterday I feel very down. I know I need to stick to exercises to have the energy to cope with everything coming up - so please motivate me. Has any of you been in similar situation, how did you cope?

ps. do not criticise him as I know my mistakes, I just hope anyway that some day we'll be able to sit down and talk again and fall in love like we did in first place. For that however I need to be strong....

Replies

• michelle12wbt
    Options
    Aww hun I am sorry to hear about your marriage breakdown. I can't imagine what you must be going through, but stay strong and don't give up on yourself. You ARE worth it....please stay strong and whatever will be will be with you and your husband. Thinking of you.....*HUGS*
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! So very sorry to hear about the circumstances in your life right now. Like yourself, I have been through the painful experience of separation/divorce. My husband was my best friend for 23 years. As is the case with all marriages, we weathered things, but despite your greatest efforts sometimes marriages fail. You definitely need to take control of "your" life, after all we cannot control the behaviors of any other individuals. Focus on keeping yourself physically, mentally, spiritually healthy. Tap into valuable resources that will enable you to transition into your new life. You are going to have low moments, but grieving is all part of the process. Feel free to add me as a friend. Be well!