anyone else in the healthy bmi range

Options
Anyone else in the healthy bmi range. Im in the upper range, halfway to go but im still very excited. The best thing is buying new clothes and lots of comments on what im wearing. But most of all knowing im healthy.

Love to hear your stories!!

Replies

• TaniaCorric
    TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    im also in healthy BMI about 3/4
    ive lost about 7kgs (not on MFP)
    id like to get to the lower half end of healthy bmi range
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm at a healthy BMI, at about 66%. My intention is to get down to 33%, but we'll see.

Some days I still feel like I'm in the overweight category, but other days are good :)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I went from 215 to 128, very happy with the healthy part, but the new clothes are awesome. Oh yea, my bmi is 20, yay.
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    My BMI is 22.7. I guess that makes me healthy. BF% is 14% and I want to be under 8%.

BMI is not a very good indicator of obesity or health. While it largely correlates with body fat percentage, there are lots of outliers.

Just because you're in a "healthy" BMI range doesn't mean anything if your body fat is 20%. On the other hand, some of the healthiest bodybuilders and athletes would be classified as obese in the BMI scale despite having single digit body fat percentages.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'm still considered overweight according to BMI by 2lbs. :laugh: I already wear small shirts so I think I'm topped out there.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember how excited I was to get into a healthy bmi. I went from 30.1 to 20.1
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've been in the healthy range for a few years now, which does feel good. I just want to be more toned up and all that.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    when i started I think my bmi was overweight, Im now 23 yippee but want to lose more weight or tone up, I have fat legs which im working on.
  • Pinkbee43
    Options
    I am, just! I would like to be well within healthy figure, I am currently 24 :( I would like to lose about a stone.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep mine is 20.9. I don't believe in it though, my husband is 6'7" and about 107kg and it says he is obese which is bullpoop.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am!! My height/weight calculated BMI is 19.9, and in December I will be back at the Doctor who helped me set my weight range to validate it and help me set my fitness targets for next year.

My goals now are to tone up and increase my energy levels. Heres to every one have a healthy bmi and maintaining it!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My highest BMI was 27.8, which was about a year and a half ago. I was 157 pounds. At the start of MFP my weight was 145 and my BMI was 25.7 (still over weight) I have also been at the other extreme when I was a teenager, with a BMI of 15.4 (underweight) I suffered from an eating disorder. This time I have been able to lose weight the healthy way and am currently 115 pounds with a BMI of 20.4. It took me a little less then a year to lose the weight. For me it was 80 percent diet, 20 percent exercise. I eat whatever I want but just fit it in my macros from portion control or exercise
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    22.5 for BMI apparantly - so in the 'upper' range of healthy and not far off overweight. Yet my body fat is around 12% and I don't have a massive amount of muscle (though more than average - am naturally fairly well built compared to the average.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!