Vegetarian TO NON-VEGETARIAN question

Options
124»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    hence the subject line, i'm wanting to hear from people who WERE vegetarians but then started eating meat again for diet/health reasons. i don't eat meat, only fish and eggs etc.. however i sometimes want to incorporate poultry back into my diet.. i really don't enjoy protein shakes, black beans, greek yogurt, etc as much as i should and i want more protein in my diet. i remember enjoying chicken breast before i cut meat completely out (i was really young when i decided to stop eating meat). i don't know where to start, i'm also hesitant about trying it.. someone help! lol
    Have you tried protein bars?Whey powder? Special K products?peanut butter,? there are so many more protein sources than meat.
    I hate meat and it makes me nauseous to eat it, all meat, and yes, fish is meat...especially hate any kind of pork !!! I stopped eating meat when I was very young, around or before 10, I told my parents it taste like blood and all my labs are perfectly fine and always have been...unless you meant you're a vegan....

okay--that wasn't at all helpful for the OP. She wants to reintroduce meat...why try to be graphic and dissuade her?
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

After reading this thread, I'm debating incorporating some chicken into my diet. I don't get enough protein, and I do get headaches a lot and feel tired a lot of the time as well. So maybe I should try that. Just thinking...

Also, if you are tired and headachey a lot you might want to look at your iron levels and consider taking an iron supplement if your levels are low. I take a multi vitamin that has iron included in it, not that i remember to take it every day, but i find it helps with energy levels.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian and then close to vegan for a few years. I don't remember having any problems when I started eating meat and dairy again (in terms of tummy upsets, weight gain, health, etc.).