P90x and slow results for women

Options
2»

Replies

• TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and it gives accurate calorie burns too and are also a lot lower than everyone says. I think the 600 average is for men with naturally more muscle mass and testosterone and that are going full speed and max reps with heavy weights etc... I'm sticking with my lower numbers and you probably should too so you don't over eat calorie and gain weight.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I am loving all the information in this post....I had been doing some research and this came up. thanks everyone for all the great information.

I did 2 rounds of P90x, one round of Lean from Dec-March, then a round of Classic from Mar-Jun of this year, and did a maintaining/hybrid this summer. And am currently doing CLX. I had already been at a maintaining weight, and had done multiple Jillian Michaels workouts the year leading up to this.

P90x definitely took my interest in weights and gaining strength to a whole new level. No, I didn't lose weight, because I was already at my lowest weight. That wasn't my goal. But wow, I did see results. I did see amazing gains in strength--being able to go from 0 to about 12 or 14 pull ups after 6 months. Actually going from hate to LOVE with yoga, and realizing how much better my body is in the long run now that I do this every week (and continue to do this today....). I just don't think you can look at these programs and expect to see perfection in 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, whatever....it's all cumulative. And our efforts, abilities and diet are all different.

With each new program you learn some amazing new things, and more, you learn about what you are capable of doing. I think that was my biggest accomplishment in my eyes--yes, I am now stronger, but the fact I actually did this very difficult program for 2 consecutive 90 day rounds? Definitely didn't know I had it in me....but now know I'm up for any challenge. So is it slower for women? I guess if someone else looked at my results, they could say that--no weight loss. No change in clothing size. But really, think about goals--everyones expectations and goals are different ---and there is a ton to learn from taking on p90x that doesn't necessarily translate to the scale.
  • TAS82
    TAS82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    excellent post and excellent pics that were posted. i did not lose any weight with all 3 rounds of p90x but actually gained 5 pounds. i do know i am defined muscle-wise. i still fit the same size clothes as before. i did not follow the nutrition plan to a T, but ate alot cleaner ( no fast foods or soda pop) and cut down on the sweets and took in more protein which helped. i never did take measurements from the get go, which i kick myself in the butt for, but i know i have lost inches and becomed more toned with muscle. i started seeing results going into the last month of it also.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    excellent post and excellent pics that were posted. i did not lose any weight with all 3 rounds of p90x but actually gained 5 pounds. i do know i am defined muscle-wise. i still fit the same size clothes as before. i did not follow the nutrition plan to a T, but ate alot cleaner ( no fast foods or soda pop) and cut down on the sweets and took in more protein which helped. i never did take measurements from the get go, which i kick myself in the butt for, but i know i have lost inches and becomed more toned with muscle. i started seeing results going into the last month of it also.

oh, you sound like me--I kick myself for being lax w/measuring too at the beginning. but I did find out recently I was similar--I have gained about 5 lbs since doing P90x 2x and CLX once--- more strength training, but fit the same clothing, and still feel great. The results are really interesting!
  • tomcat941
    tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the nutrition plan exactly, because i read someone that P90x is not designed to be a weight loss program, so you have to lower your calories slightly, otherwise you will be at maitenance. However, by increasing muscle, you will lose fat, as yoru metabolism will increase. Instead of eating 1800 calories, i eat 1500 and have noticed a lto of difference in just under 3 weeks. Also, i hear a lot of people say the biggest changes happen in the last 30 days, so stick to it, and you will get the results you want.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump