dieting and exercising yet gaining weight!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I started the 30DS I retained water too. I am up to L1 day 5 so I am hoping it starts to come off soon - my weigh in day is tomorrow!
  • Rawanmakki
    Options
    i am at day 2 level 2! level 2 is really active and you feel the workout!
    i am starting to lose the weight i gained after starting the doet! sounds strange, am about two kilo's down, still half a kilo to get to my start weight! depressing ha!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    hello all,
    am new here! trying to find the food i eat daily on the database, which does not work all the time but i choose things that are close to.
    am from the Africa and i can not find all the varieties in here and i do not know the calories in some of my food, but i try to be balanced and controlled.

am 5.4 and i weighed 167 when i started, i do the Jillians 30 days shred and i try a 1200 calorie diet.... in the last four days my scale went from 167.2 to 171.6!!!! why! why! whyyyy!!!

i can not figure what it is am doing wrong! HELP please

26 years old and 5'7" and 167, 1200 calories is extremely low. That's all I'll say, maybe there's a reason for that low of a calorie total, but it's hard for me to think of a reason why. My advice, examine your calories, your TDEE, and your BMR and decide what you really are trying to do and if a large calorie deficit is the right way to do it.

By that I mean, are you trying to lose a couple of pounds of fat? If yes, then that's to big of a deficit, it's most likely going to hinder progress.

I would say do some research into the human metabolic rate and metabolic homeostasis. I think the calorie levels for someone like you could be a little eye opening.

-Banks
  • Rawanmakki
    Options
    thank you ... am 5.4 though, but i do not feel hungry.. i eat 3 meals and i snack, am always satisfied, but when i enter the food i ate it gives me a low calorie intake, and i exercise daily, is it still a big deficit if i do not feel hungry or starve my self?
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I live in France and also have to guess often in the data base!
    I put on two kilos when I started the 30 day shred. I don't know why. It's starting to come off now though so I guess it's just a case of being patient!

Good luck!

Ive been adding a lot of French food to the database, so it is still worth having a look! (Look up original French names), also most food now has nutrition information (though not all :/ and not as detailed as the US).

To the OP:

Likely you are gaining muscles and/or not eating enough. I will tell you before I barely ate anything and was still gaining weight despite exercising! >.< I've upped my calories to 1880, havent been exercising (Ive been sick & had surgery) and have started losing weight! O_o

Everyone will tell you something different, and everyone has different experiences.. but don't rule out the possibility of not eating enough!

Check out this post, it is a lot of math but a good place to start:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    thank you ... am 5.4 though, but i do not feel hungry.. i eat 3 meals and i snack, am always satisfied, but when i enter the food i ate it gives me a low calorie intake, and i exercise daily, is it still a big deficit if i do not feel hungry or starve my self?

still too low IMHO, that's probably somewhere between 800 and 1000 calorie deficit, that's probably too much, although I can't be sure since I don't know most of your statistics.