friends cooking dinner and its going to be fatty...help!

Options
My friends coming over to cook us (all my student house) a lasagna tonight and i just know it's going to be horrendously high in calories. I want to ask him to use low fat ingrediants but i can't thats rude.

I'm really paranoid about eating something so indulgent haven't in so long...can you think of any good excuses for getting out of it?

Replies

• NYZee70
    Options
    Can you just eat a limited amount or is that not an option?
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just eat it and enjoy it and when you're full all you've gotta do it stop it really shouldn't be this difficult

honestly everyone deserves a break once in a while
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    will there be salad? You could take more salad and just be honest and let your friend know that you are watching portion sizes and will need a small piece.

at this point in my venture I might have to hurt feelings..but I can't derail everything I've done to get this far. People either get it or they don't.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You have a few options

1. Go burn off some extra calories in order to fit it into your macro's
    2. Eat lighter during the day in order to fit it in your macros
    3. Eat a smaller portion
    4. Have a fun time with your fiends and don't worry about it because one bad meal with have zero affect on your weight loss
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    though i personally would just eat it you can't get a better excuse than food poisioning,you're already sick, the cause is what they are trying to get you to do (eat food), just go to the bathroom for a minute or two a few times while the lasagna monster is around :laugh:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above. Do what you need to do to mitigate the damage and then enjoy moderately.
  • fope5
    fope5 Posts: 20
    Options
    i'm not even trying to lose weight i'm trying to maintain i'm just finding it incredibly difficult to indulge in the foods i used to love :(

i'll just have a smallish portion i guess!
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    You could always work off some extra calories before this dinner! That way you won't feel so guilty and still be within your goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lasagne isn't that bad. Why don't you make a salad to go with it and just keep to a small portion!
  • Bunski
    Bunski Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would just eat it in limited quantity. I make lasagna every so often, whole milk ricotta, shredded mozzerella, eggs, 80% lean ground beef, the works! It's freakin delicious and my husband would never speak to me again if I didn't make lasagna any more.

1/8 of a 13x9 pan of my super awesome lasagna is 552 calories, 33 carbs, and 31 grams of fat. Yeah, not the healthiest meal, but not outside the realm of reason (well, for me. Your mileage may vary...)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Eat Small portion. Fill the rest of your plate with salad so you can still enjoy sitting and eating with everyone. A SMALL portion of lasagna won't hurt you ;)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last week I'd got back up to college and my housemate had cooked one knowing I hadn't time to get dinner that day, obviously couldn't turn it down but didn't even think about it...just had a smaller portion and went along with the rest of my week. One meal, won't hurt you, I say go enjoy it with your friends, eat in moderation and like others said if you still have that bugging feeling maybe exercise some tomorrow or today even before you go. But honestly you don't need to punish yourself over it, its good to watch your weight but sometimes we need to live a bit too. :D
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I can't eat other peoples cooking anymore. I mean, almost everyone starts with a huge slab of butter, and they go from there. It just freaks me out. When I'm in a situation, I either say, I'm not hungry, but I sit at the table and chat with them. Or, I just cancel. I can't do it anymore. People are generally pigs and I can't deal with it.
  • zenseeker
    Options
    Just eat it, enjoy it, account for the calories if you really must, then carry on with life :)

You really won't do much damage in one meal. I always allow one day of allowing myself a little more and the lbs are still falling off :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Eat a small portion. One meal is not going to kill you.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Since you know it's coming. Budget your calories and concentrate on controlling your portion size.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just eat a smaller portion. Losing weight doesn't mean to stop eating all foods. You're freaking out over nothing.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    though i personally would just eat it you can't get a better excuse than food poisioning,you're already sick, the cause is what they are trying to get you to do (eat food), just go to the bathroom for a minute or two a few times while the lasagna monster is around :laugh:
    If it's gotten to the point where you'd consider doing this, you're probably looking at an eating disorder.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    one bad meal wont kill you. It won't derail you. You won't go into a downward spiral.

I was in Chicago last weekend--do you know how much cheesy popcorn I ate? probably 4 days worth of calories. and it was delicious. Wouldn't take it back. Do I do it every day? Absolutely not. Did it hurt my weight loss? Absolutely not. And did I mention the deliciousness and the fact that I LOVED I didn't have to tell my friends, "I can't eat this even though I really want to because I'm trying to eat healthier"
  • fope5
    fope5 Posts: 20
    Options
    ok thanks everyone i went for a swim and i think i just need to chill out haha