40 something with 200 lbs to lose looking for friends

Options
I have been using MFP and FitBit for the last 2.5 months and have just started to lose some of the 200 lbs total I would like to shed. I live in the Boston area and now that the weather is turning I am struggling a bit to find ways to keep moving while indoors. I have also been working hard on eating better and learning portion control. Lurking on the forums here and on FitBit has been a great help - but I am finally ready to be more active in the community. To that end I am looking for friends to keep me motivated.

If you are seeking friends please consider adding me.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!

Replies

• mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, and like you I've got a large amount to lose, I've only recently started getting serious myself. Feel free to add me, we can help each other!
  • Dark_amethyst
    Dark_amethyst Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to lose 200 lbs. Feel free to add me, this also goes to anyone else who see me. Always looking for friends to help support each other.!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you guys....lots to lose. Ugh! Would love to keep up with all of you and offer support!
  • tonya0587
    Options
    everyone feel free to add me! i need all the motivation i can get and love to provide support to everyone else :)
  • Mdonnelly62
    Mdonnelly62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh . . . You've lost 28 lbs :) - YAY! - Instead of focusing on 200 - chunck it - go 3-5 lbs - or even 1 lb - I have seen (on Pinterest) what one lb looks like - you would be IMPRESSED with yourself if you visualized all that off your body :) - !

Way to go keep up the HARD work :)!

MD:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: