Wii

Options
Can someone tell me if Wii is listed as an excercise. I can't find how I would log in Wii excercises. Thankyou, Candy

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I never did find it either. what version of wii fit do you have? Wii Active will tell you how many calories you burned after the work out but the older wii fit does not!

this will help if you have the older version

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm using EA Sports Active (the first one, not More Workouts) 4 times a week. Since it tells me at the end of the workout how many calories I've burned, I just put that directly into the exercise log. It may be different for other workout programs. If you haven't tried EA Sports Active yet, definitely give it a try! It's like having your own trainer in your living room and it's definitely worked for me. I'm down about 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks with a combo of that and the gym twice a week.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask...I just spent the past 15 minutes trying to figure that out, too! Thank you, StarryEyedGirl, for posting the link!
  • emberd
    emberd Posts: 36
    Options
    I went to the Wii nintendo site and they said that just doing the Wii Sports you can burn 3-8 calories per minute depending what you are doing. Boxing is at the high end and things like golf is at the low end. I did tennis the other day and estimated that I burned about 5 calories per minute. Anyway, hope that helps.
  • Sheri226
    Sheri226 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have been using the Wii faithfully for 2 months now and love it. When I started using the Wii Fit - I wasn't sure how to keep the calories, so I was marking it as light arobics or cardio for however long I exercised. When I started using the Wii Fit Plus I made my own Wii exercise name on MFP and just need to adjust the time & calories it tells me I've burned. Which are lower than I was estimating before. I've read on here also that some people by monitors to wear to be more precise. I figure as long as it's working I'm happy. I'll probably do the same when I use the Active and Biggest Loser games. When my daughter and I played with the Just Dance game I went under dancing and put the length of time we played that - that was a definite workout!
  • beachcomber12
    Options
    Oh Thanks everyone, I need to check the game to see calories burned. I am having fun with Wii resort!!! I also have Wii fit plus, but I haven't used it yet. The games are so much fun!!!
  • bridgett_shorter
    Options
    I use shape up for the Wii and and love it. It tells me how many cals I have burned so I just go under cardio and adjust the time to how many cals I burned. So far after 4 wks I have lost 5 lbs and you cant cheat they have a camra on you lol Its fab!
  • beachcomber12
    Options
    Is Shape up the one that Jenny Garth advertises?? If so I'd like to get that one too!! Wii is just amazing!!
  • bridgett_shorter
    Options
    Yes it is ! It kicks my butt ever other day!! I am sore for days and I have seen a huge difference in the way my body looks .Also how my cloths fit. I am not a pound counter . I just go by how I look and how loose my pants are lol . I back that game 1000000 %! I even got my (skinny) hubby to try it lol and it kicked his butt too :)~ It helps to have a stabitity ball, and hand weights . You dont have to have them but when your doing a strengh training it helps! If you get it and have any questions about it let me know ! Its awesome.