Is anyone else alone?

Options
Have you ever felt so alone that you feel like you could disappear and no one would know???

Replies

• lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in such a funk... What good is being here alone??? God help me...
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    all the time
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    No. Is this a question for discussion or are you feeling this way? If you are please continue to speak about it and to see you primary care about it. Could be a chemical imbalance and easily corrected. :flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Everyone feels that way sometimes. And, in that regard, you are never truly alone.
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel that way all the time. No one would never notice that I was gone but they would because someone always needs something from me, but if it werent for that... then I am not even sure that anyone would even care that I left. So sad that we take each other for granted. I use to eat to get over it but now, I cry and go for a run or walk.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    nope cuz I won't let myself be alone!! I'm in a marriage of convenience meaning we are still married because neither of us will go get a divorce..and both need a place to live. I could consider myself "alone" but I don't. I found a great group of friends on here and I stick with them. Don't even let yourself go there. Grab a buddy and take a walk..or get on here and vent..whatever you have to do so that you are NOT alone!!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I feel that way all the time. No one would never notice that I was gone but they would because someone always needs something from me, but if it werent for that... then I am not even sure that anyone would even care that I left. So sad that we take each other for granted. I use to eat to get over it but now, I cry and go for a run or walk.

omg believe you me people are gonna notice when I'm gone...I'm gonna make sure of it ;) they might be throwing a party when I go..but that's ok too as long as it's noticed. I'm back around in this lifetime to ruffle some feathers!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It's how I feel permanently.

Tried ways of dealing with it, but doesnt take away the emptiness. I ahte myself for being this way, but I hate myself anyway so pretty stuck on that front.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Can you use fitness as a way of getting our and making friends. Join a gym or go to an exercise class
  • BMC_roadie
    Options
    I am never alone. I used to feel much the same way I hear many of you describe. But that pain is gone forever. Even when I am alone my savior Jesus Christ is with me. Every second of every day.

If you are truly feeling this way, then I would encourage you to pray and ask Him in to your heart and life. He saved me, and He will save you too.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've often thought that if I had a stroke on a Friday night and couldn't help myself, no-one would notice until the time I'd have to be back at work. By that time I might well be dead. Oh well.

If you can't handle this feeling, though, you do need to seek counselling, as Debbe suggested. Most importantly, do try to find like-minded people. Join a group that pursues any interests you share (walking, photography, knitting, anything). Just don't give up.
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anytime there is a blog or question like this I always feel the need to answer.
    Yes, I feel alone all the time...I have my two teenage boys that I am raising(alone) and I work very hard. I am surrounded by people every day and I still feel alone. I feel ashamed of myself at times because I know there is worse in the world, death and destroy, poverty,etc...I question myself, '' Why can't I just get over it?" It's overwhelming at times,sometimes I want to keep driving or walking until I am numb. I have been extremely honest since being on MFP, I feel like have split personally or I wear this mask that enables me to be polite and friendly then I come home, to remove it only to feel completely empty and hallow.
    It wasn't my intention to be," A Debbie-Downer," I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. This site is here for a reason, we have one another, we can share our thoughts good or bad and pick each other up when we fall. I hope despite my brutal honesty that you know you are special and you are not alone.:flowerforyou:
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im if not at work I'm always alone. Even the cats sit in the other room away from me most of the time. I can go days without speaking to a live human. You are not alone in feeling alone :flowerforyou:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of Internet dating. I know there are some butters out there but loads of people I know ( including me) have met some lovely, genuine people.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    yea ive felt like that before. hate that feeling. :(
  • runswithwolf
    Options
    Yes. Especially after 50...sometimes think I must be invisible! The answer is within yourself. Go for a walk around the neighborhood, or in the mall. Make small talk with people you don't know. Example: You are walking down the street, someone is walking their dog. Stop and say "your dog is really cute , I like it's coat , etc ". In a grocery store when you go to pick an orange and someone else does too, say " Oh, no ! I wanted that one ! and laugh "....or "I've never cooked/tried this before, is it good ? ".
    Pretend you are an actor in a movie, as you go about your day. Be confident. You write the script, no one else. These small interactions do not stave off loneliness when home, but they help lift you up and feel like you do exist. Another thing is to STAY BUSY. Via exercise, volunteer at a shelter to walk the dogs, help at a local soup kitchen. When you do things for others hard less fortunate, hard to feel bad about our own lives.
  • DarcyGibbs
    Options
    First of all, loneliness is not a feeling. Loneliness is the manifestation of an idea that has been created by society placing a value on other feelings. Don't hate me yet, let me explain. Feeling 'lonely' is (as I used to experience) simply a feeling of sadness, boredom and tiredness. These actual physical feelings or emotions have been lumped together in your head and combined with you observing your lack of true emotional connection with others as 'loneliness'. What does this mean? It means that being alone from other people is not the cause!

I am a solitary person by nature and spend very little of my time with others. However, I never feel lonely because I enjoy my own personal discoveries and self-improvement. I would highly recommend evaluating your life, see what you have to be grateful about. YOU HAVE LOST 149 POUNDS! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Let the sheer magnitude of that accomplishment wash over you! I say, stop feeling 'alone', go out and discover new people to connect with. **** fear, **** pretences, be yourself and let the obvious strength of character you have shine through. Read! Read some books about spirituality (I have no 'faith'), I have found meditation and reflection on my journey through life a deeply comforting and fulfilling activity.

Most of all I hope you can recognise this one fact. You are the source of all your feelings. So any negativity you feel is coming not from the environmental lack of other people but from your perception or labelling of yourself. You have the power right now to decide to simply not feel the way you feel. So why not just do it!

I know I am young, and this may have come out all wrong, but I hope I have given you a different outlook. I have mountains of thoughts on subjects like this and would be more than happy to share my thoughts if anyone wants to add me.
  • joniroland
    joniroland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with Darcy! When I moved to DeSoto I had just had baby #2. I left long time friends and all my family. I was usually very adventurous and out going. My husband the exact opposite. I let that be an excuse to keep my fat, frumpy self at home. I had a huge wake up call last summer. I did more last summer than I had in years. I realized MY life is what I make it. If I am miserable, I am the only one who can change it. Even though my self esteem is usually low I have to put myself out there. Even though I have lost weight I still seem the same person in the mirror everyday. That makes it hard but we only get one shot at this life. I know that I am in control of my attitude, personal growth, weight loss, and the memories that I make. Today is rainy and cool here so I will give you a pass. Get a Janet Evanovich book and curl up. But tomorrow be prepared to make it the best dang Monday ever! I have told so manyof my friends who are struggling about you! 150 lbs is nothing short of freaking awesome!! I get too busy, unmotivated, lose willpower to log and then I see you faithfully pop up. You sister are not alone unless you want to be