Small NSV...My bra!

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
So, right after I had my daughter I decided enough was enough and bought two bras from Victoria secret (Don't worry, I didn't pay full price! Thank god for gift cards from family and their semiannual sale.. ;)) Anyway, I went in and bought and got sized, and was told I was a 36D. Well, I knew I was a 38, but .. they didn't have any for sale in a 38. So I bought a bra extender that had four extra notches.

In july, when I started, I was on the outer most notch. Today, I put it on the last one. Another few pounds and I won't need it at all!! YAAAAY!!!!

(And my cup size stayed the same, so double NSV.. lol!!)

Replies

• janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!
  • leankaybee
    leankaybee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi :) congratulation on ur success :) way to go .

I just joined MFP yesterday .. can you tell me what NSV is ?
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory :)
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lucky! My boobs were the first thing to go. And since I refuse to drop money on clothes I will be out of soon, I'm just swimming in my bras. Congrats on both smaller size around and not losing a handful!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Fabulous. Love when these things happen. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! I had a similar one today, too. After starting out with size 40B/C (depended on who made the bra), 56 lbs ago, I finally caved in and went to Macy's big sale today and bought some 36B bras that fit well. Hooray! I haven't seen that size on me in years and years! It feels great, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats :)
  • leankaybee
    leankaybee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory :)

hey Thanks so much :D !
  • Whammers2902
    Options
    Well done! I'm forever having to change my bra size, up, down, up, down. My boobs are the first thing that put on weight/lose weight. Costing me a fortunte in underwear!
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome! But never buy your bras from Victoria's Secret. As your story basically illustrates, they will cram anyone in any bra they can sell. Go somewhere like Nordstrom to get a properly fitting bra. Victoria has crazy sizes and they are terrible at fitting. In the past they would try to put me in a 38DD when I'm really a 36F. A well fitted bra makes a world of difference! And you usually look thinner as well.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV. My NSV, I have lost 7 inches around my chest and 6 around my hips.
    Yeah!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Those are great NSVs! I too have had bra extenders on my bras, in my case for YEARS. They do not make pretty, comfortable bras in my size. And now I have 2 bras at least that I can wear without them!! They fit just fine!! I have other bras I need to try, but I am pretty sure they will fit too! :)

YAY for us!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!