Why am I NOT sore?

Options
So, I just finished day 3 of the 30 day shred. Everyone says that they feel so sore at the beginning, but I don't. I push myself during the exercise, and my muscles burn while I'm working them, but the next day I'm not sore at all. I'm sweating and exhausted at the end of the video, but I'm worried I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    DOMS is no indicator of a good workout. The fact that you're pushing yourself within your fitness level is the important thing. However, if you feel the exercises are too easy, then try them with some heavier weights....
  • beccamorty
    beccamorty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way! Today is day 4 for me. I can barely get through the workout - it's way challenging for me and I'm pretty sure I'm pushing myself hard enough and I'm definitely sweating and breathing hard by the end.. But the next day I feel almost nothing!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I rarely get sore if I have a protein shake before or after a workout and I'm super happy about that.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing - that I may be doing something wrong. There is no soreness the next day and I am doing CLX. I have been drinking a protein shake after the workout, but I didn't know it helped with the soreness. I do feel the muscles burning during the workout though.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to doing the same exercises over and over. You need to mix it up. Every week or two, do something different and you won't plateau.